Food Plots - Any Experts ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hardy Buck

Food Plots - Any Experts ?

Post by Hardy Buck »

Is there any specific strategies for growing food plots? I have bought 2 different types of buck booster forage mix.

My first 3 - 6 acres are going to consist of these mixes;

45% - Forage peas
25% - Buckwheat
15% - Barley
15% - Tritacle

I dont know what is in the other bag i bought, since i cant even tell what the seeds are. I plan on making two small cedar blinds, one tucked nicely inton some cedar hedges. And another on the corner by the opening in the hardwoods.

I was hoping some of you from past experiences could give me a few pointers while planitng/ Maintaining it .

good luck with the toms Boyz,

Hardy Buck
" Theres a spot for all of gods creatures, Right beside the Mash Potatoes "
terry-1

foodplot

Post by terry-1 »

I have went to Tritacle instead of winter wheat/oat mix I used for years. My cattle feed dealer had a few bags of Tritacle instock one day it was about $2 higher per 100lbs than wheat that year so I gave some a try. I planted it in a test strip on my wheat/oat field and noticed it was grazed heavier by the wildlife and I often saw does run out to that spot to eat first when entering the field. The last year it's all I planted and was very happy. Depending on price I will plant it again for this season.
Hardy Buck

Post by Hardy Buck »

Thanxs Terry,

Ill take some before and after pics of when im done and post them. Hopefully there will be some wildlife pictures~!!

Help is greatly appreciated,

Hardy Buck
" Theres a spot for all of gods creatures, Right beside the Mash Potatoes "