Bolt help for exocet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Bolt help for exocet?

Post by crazyfarmer »

Guys, I just bought a EXOCET 200 and I was wondering which arrow/bolt combo is the best?

What length?
Carbon?
Aluminion?
half moon or flat?

Any help would be great! I cant wait to try this bad boy out shortly also... Ive got a jennings airmaster compound which I'm gonna keep but I heard excalibur was a awesome crossbow so I wanted to add that to my hunting collection
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

With out a doubt you will love the Exocet 200, have had mine about a year now. If I do my part the bow will sink arrow into arrow. My average score shooting 3d is around 282/300, my personel best 290/300.

For arrows it has been 2117, or 2216's when shooting aluminum. The 2216 shaft are cut down arrows from my Vertical compound bow. ( I also recycle bent shafts I might find on the 3d course, If it has 20inches that are straight it becomes a new bolt/arrow for my Exocet. )

Beeman ThunderBolts are my pick for carbon shafts. They seem to work very well for me. The price is good. They do not seem to stick in the 3d targets as bad as the gold Tips.

The best part about the 2117, 2216 and the ThunderBolt; is that they all seem to hit the same point of impact. Set up the scope and you are good to go.

Flat nocks are recomemmended, Half moon Nocks are a NO NO.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Call Dan Miller @ Horizontal Archery 740 483 2312. he makes an arrow puller out of a set of pliers, only $ 11.00 well worth the money. Does not matter what bolt you shoot they stop @ the fletching in the target.
No HALF MOON NOCHS
I like Gold Tip Laser II bolts I can get 1 dozen shafts and fletch my self cheap.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

thanks everyone! So the half moon's are no good then. Thats what I needed to know. I take I need 20inch arrows also?

is the block crossbow target any better then the plain compound one also?

thanks again everyone!

btw, farmer I tried to sign up with that name but I see you already had it;)
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

farmer and crazyfarmer, what are you guys? related or something :lol:
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

We could be related in a way. I am a Farmer and it is crazy to be of this proffession in this day and age.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

If i had lots of land and was able to make enough to pay the bills and eat, i sure would like that, plant some apple tree, corn, you know keep the deer around the property. :D
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

lol.. farming definitly isnt what it use to be. Im only 26 and work with my dad on roughly 1500acres(corn, wheat, and soybeans). But the expenses suk and the profitt is next to none! I had to search ebay to find this bow cheap;)

but its definitly nice having plenty land to hunt. Granted the deer out here in Va arent the biggest. I think most typicals score in the 110-140 range.

I love my compound bow, but ive lost a few so I figured I would give the crossbow a try since they just passed the law for us to use them last year.

its nice to see they have a forum for us all also :D