Flemish string?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Flemish string?

Post by crazyfarmer »

just doing more research here.. is that string much better than the excel one? I want to be as quiet as possible. I didnt know if the limbsavers worked well with these bows also?

I know the compound crossbows are loud. I have yet to shoot this one though(waiting for bolts)
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i was reading about the stretching issue.. I take it stretches after a few shots so it takes you awhile longer to get it dailed(broken) in? Or am i missing that concept?

I hear ya on the to quick to hear... im use to my old compound which was extremely quiet, but slow(maybe 250fps lol). Im sure by the time they start to jump the string the bolt would already be in them. My normal shot is roughly 10-25 yards anyway so they shouldnt know what hit them
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just one opinion, but I actually prefer the endless loop type string to the flemish twist type. The flemish twist perhaps looks better, but the constant stretching is it's downfall. The endless loop will stretch some at first, but soon "settles-in" and requires very little further adjustment over the life of the string.
The "Excel" string is simply an endless loop type made of a "fastflight" type material. I, personally, use an endless loop made of dacron which has more "elasticity" and is somewhat quieter and less stressful to the limbs, but still requires little adjustment. Yes, it is a few fps slower for arrow velocity, but I still prefer it.
wabi