New Exomax -- got questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AliveInTheWild

New Exomax -- got questions

Post by AliveInTheWild »

Hi Folks!

New to the forum. New to crossbow hunting (broken bone in wrist and had to give up the Matthews compound). Just purchased a new Exomax, but haven't yet purchased an accessory kit. Wondering if scopes are legal in Minnesota. Wondering if the Excalibur is the best scope to install. Wondering if the Excalibur quiver is the best style to install. Would like to make my own bolts (always did so with arrows), but wondering where to begin. OK, enough for now! Thanks!!

Ron
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Just my .02 cents, but yes the Excalibur Varizone is the way to go. The quiver question is your choice, I use a hip quiver. Check your state rule book on hunting for the "Wondering if scopes are legal in Minnesota." question .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

welcome.. im new here and just bought the exocet the same way you got your emax. I paid 300bucks for mine new on ebay lol

but the dan miller over the top quiver is supposed to be the best since you can carry it over your shoulder like a shotgun. The varizone is supposed to be the best scope also..

im piecing my stuff together now also lol.. i was gonna get the kit, but its a few things on their I didnt want and can find cheaper other places
NZ Hunter

Post by NZ Hunter »

I use the varizone scope, works great. To cary my bolts I have sewn some elastic amunition holders on the side of my day bag as I do tent to walk miles stalking through thick bush, I dont like extras on my xbow. The only dwaw back is I cant have sharp broad heads attached for safety purposes, I simply cary them in a small plastic container between two bits of foam in my pocket. I figure you only get one shot anyway so make it count. pictured below my best hunting buddy poses with my home made quiver
If it feels good, DO IT.
Big John

exomax

Post by Big John »

Congrats on fine purchase!
That was my third Ecxalibur bow purchase. And now my favorite!
Wild speed and power, with excellent KE. There is no looking back now.
Have fun! 8) I also use the Vari -zone on all My Crossbows.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
AliveInTheWild

Exomax Questions

Post by AliveInTheWild »

Thanks everyone for the great imput! I'll keep reading here to learn the other things I need to know.

Ron
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

stay away from the search option.. if not, you will read for hours and hours LOL :shock: :D
AliveInTheWild

Search Button

Post by AliveInTheWild »

Yeah -=- eyes burning already