Vert Bow ? sorry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mailman

Vert Bow ? sorry

Post by Mailman »

My friend has a bow and can't draw with the weight turned down. Can you put a slightly longer string on it?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

bstout wrote:No! A vert bow must fit you like an old glove if you ever expect to be any good with it. He needs a bow that fits his physical size and he is capable of drawing.

Like wearing shoes three times your size and try to run.
"DITTO"
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

The bow fits,but he lowered the poundage and has trouble pulling back so would a little longer string make it easy to draw?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Mailman wrote:The bow fits,but he lowered the poundage and has trouble pulling back so would a little longer string make it easy to draw?
If he can't pull back to full draw the bow don't fit him, you state he lowered the poundage which should have made it easier to draw. As it did not I would recommend a different bow for sure.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

You could try the manufacurer of the bow to see if they produce a lower poundage limb for that bow.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
TYE

Post by TYE »

Yeah what Digger said. Maybe try lighter limbs if they make them for the bow.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

If it is a compound bow lengthening the string generally increases draw weight. As the others have said the bow must fit the archer, if possible take the bow to a pro shop and get properly fitted. With out some knowledgable help, archery will get frustrating quickly.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Thanks for all your replies.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

id go to a pro shop also..They have a tool that tells you your draw lenght and then its up to youy body to see how much weight you can draw back. Everyone's so obessed with how much they can draw back. Its like a bragging contest I guess.. I can draw back probably 75-85pounds but I only have mine set on 60-62pounds. Why, so I can draw perfectly straight back without twisting the bow any. Kinda like breathing. If he plans on hunting, this really helps. If you have any strain what so ever trying to pull one back standing up then its gonna be 2-3 times harder sitting or trying to draw on a deer. I spooked a ton of deer my first bowhunting years since I had to much weight and couldnt draw on them when the pressure was on

goodluck