Finally fired the exocet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Finally fired the exocet

Post by crazyfarmer »

my scope and all the goodies came in today!

I loaded her up and tried the varizone at 20 yards with the ring set on 325. I looked down the bolt to make sure it was somewhat lines up on the target. Everything looked good so back to the scope. Placed her in the dot and fired. First bolt hit 2inches to the left of the bulls eye! Oh and DAMN THIS THING IS LOUD!! But I couldnt see the bolt, unlike my long compound bow. Ok, back to the next shot. I took off the left/right cap and turned her 4 clicks to the right. Fired again and Bullseye.. not just a part of the bullseye but dead friggin center! Removed the bolt and fired another at 20 yards and hit the same friggin spot. With this its no hitting the edges of the bullseye, its all about the friggin center of it. Im very impressed. I dont like the thump sound, but the speed makes up for that!

But the scope and everything was about dead on out of the box!
terry-1

noise

Post by terry-1 »

I have been shooting a exocet 175lb crossbow for about 5 years now and it's still going like new. All I have done is change the strings and put a new set of DB bar pads on. It has bagged d several deer each year along with wildhogs and turkeys the Exocet is a shooting machine I keep thinking I will order a new one but why my old one is still working like new just some scratchs from carrying around in the woods. As far as noise I have not had a animal blink yet before it was hit even out to 30 yards. The power is unreal I truely beleive that with our 160 mature weight deer here the Exocet could shoot through two of them side by side with a good fixed broadhead. When shooting out of a ground blind my bolts fly 30 or more yards out the back side of the bucks I have taken the last few years it's unreal.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I think im gonna take this turkey hunting next spring also.. im in love with this thing. I backed out to exactly 30 yards and shot a few times from a slight rest(not a solid one) and put each arrow almost dead center(probably a inch off on each shot) but I think thats me moving a tad on the trigger pull.

I know she has some recoil lol :shock: :D

but 30 yards is about my max shot and trutfully I could really use the 20yard pin for both almost.. I feel sorry for anything under 15 yards since he should blow through them like its nothing there :twisted:

oh and the hand string cocker definitly makes it a breeze to draw.. I farm and have pretty tough hands, but drawing the thing back by hand 5-6 times put blood bruises on my fingers :!: I guess its just wher eits so much weight pulling back on my fingers that it just cuts off blood flow LOL
Rich

Post by Rich »

Crazyfarmer,

Let me know when your ready for a shoot-off, I'll make the drive.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:Crazyfarmer,

Let me know when your ready for a shoot-off, I'll make the drive.

Rich
Im only shot 10 shots.. lemme get some 50yarders under my belt blindfolded and its on. One of my buddies is supposed to be getting one also shortly. So it might be a nice local group of excal owners here :shock: