Ten Point Pro Elite Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckbuster

Ten Point Pro Elite Bolts

Post by buckbuster »

Would the ten point pro elite series bolts be ok to shoot out of my exocet 200? Does anyone know the weight of them?
hawg hunter

ten point bolts

Post by hawg hunter »

most ten point bolts that are carbon are the gold tip laser 2 that are the same as excal.they may have aluminium inserts rather than brass.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

For heaven sakes. You are not shooting bolts. You are shooting arrows. Bolts do not have feather or vanes. Please get the terminology correct. Read DJH article in Horizontial Bow and all will be made clear. We fuel the nay-sayers when we call our arrows bolts. BOLTS AINT GOT NO FEATHERS. FOR REAL.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Digger

Post by Digger »

For heaven sakes. You are not shooting bolts. You are shooting arrows. Bolts do not have feather or vanes. Please get the terminology correct. Read DJH article in Horizontial Bow and all will be made clear. We fuel the nay-sayers when we call our arrows bolts. BOLTS AINT GOT NO FEATHERS. FOR REAL.
Bolts with feathers and without.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Yes, you can shoot the Pro-Elites in your Exocet.

They are 426 grains in weight - with a 100 grain point.

I couldn;t see a lot of difference in POI at 20 yards comparing the Gold Tip Laser II (355 grains) against the Pro-Elites (426 grains)
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

With feathers is called an arrow. Without feathers is called a bolt. The length of the arrow does not matter. Some native tribes of Pacific use very short arrows in the Amazon they some use very long arrow. It hit has feather, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck; is it not a bolt.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Webster's dictionary says that a bolt is a short, heavy arrow for a crossbow. The distinguishing characteristics seem to be the "short" and "heavy" part, not whether or not it is dressed in feathers.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Hi5,
Now write the definition of arrow. See my point.

Our fellow archers use the term bolt repeated when attempting to discredit our sport. If they can confuse people by telling people Xbow hunter do not use arrows but rather bolts; then they have a distinction allowing them to claim the xbow is not archery equipment and should be excluded from archery season. Thus, when we are using the term bolt and we really mean arrow, we should do our sport a favor and use the term arrow. That is the point I am trying, with some difficulty, to bring to the forum.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

OK

Webster's defines "arrow" as a slender feathered shaft shot from a bow as a weapon or for sport.

It doesn't specify what kind of bow, so obviously a crossbow shoots arrows. The arrows shot from a crossbow, however, are called bolts or quarrels. That's just the way it is.

Most people would call a female fox a "fox". However, it's not technically correct. It's actually a "vixen". However, a farmer who has lost chickens doesn't much care whether or not it was a fox or a vixen that took them. It's the result that matters.

Same here. Whether it's a bolt, quarrel or arrow shouldn't matter much. It's a question, or should be, of performance.

I think we should concentrate on the similarity of performance of compound bows and crossbows, rather than allowing the labeling of the projectile shot by them to distort the issue.

I suggest we need to concentrate our effort on correcting their misunderstanding of the performance of a crossbow, rather than on the terminology of the projectiles.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Read the article in Horizontal Bowhunter. It MAY change your mind. It certainly was compelling enough to change my thinking about the terminology.

Language regulates and defines our sport.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Quote in part Hi5 "The arrows shot from a crossbow, however, are called bolts or quarrels. That's just the way it is. "

And I sure agree thats just the way it is :!: A crossbow shoots arrows called bolts or quarrels, that is crossbow terms and should be left as such. No need to try and change history .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

I thought the post was about ten points product (bolts) shooting in an exocet 200? hoghunter, and woody gave you good answers. Yes, they will shoot fine. I used to know a dwarf, that shot a small kids compound and 22" arrows or were they bolts, I forget. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain