Transporting your XBOW

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Transporting your XBOW

Post by Rich »

What do you guys use to transport your XBOW in. Do you use a hard case or padded clothe one. Is the Excalibur padded case any good. The few times I have traveled in my Toyota, I have laid it across the extended cab and wedged the stock between the arm rest and seat. I'll need something more secure during hunting season.

Thanks Rich
A.W

Post by A.W »

There have been several questions on this subject. Here's a link to one of them. This question usually comes back with the same answers.

Hope this helps.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... light=case
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

I bought a soft case at canadian tire for $20 , then i turned it inside out and glued 1/2 inch of foam on the bottom side, then flip it back and its padded on the botton so its sitting on padding when i put it in the back of a truck or wherever.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I use a soft case without any padding. My crossbow is incased when I walk into the woods before legal light and is cased when walking out after legal light has passed. I stuff it into my backpack when my crossbow is in use, so the compactness of the unpadded case helps.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

I do the same as chris4570, when entering and existing the woods. As for the travelling in the vehicle, I try to position it so it won't get tossed around or come into contact with other hard stuff, that would afffect the scope and possibly change its sighthing.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
wabi

Post by wabi »

2001 Ford Ranger Supercab
With the rear seats folded down the limbs go on the seats & the butt of the stock locks securely against the rear window moulding. A bungee cord across the rail for security & it rides perfectly!
wabi
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I use the padded Excalibur case in my truck.

It stays in the truck when I go in the woods.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
BUCKSHOT

Good Idea

Post by BUCKSHOT »

If you are looking to travel long distances or moving or something like that, Digger has a neat way of transporting his bow!
This would also be a nice tidy way to store and protect your bow!
This is Diggers Photo!

Double gun case!
All you need to do is remove the two bolts which hold the riser on the rail!
Pack and Go!
Not much Fuss and Muss! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
Rich

Post by Rich »

The hard case looks like the way to go if you are traveling long distances or by airline. I guess I will go with the Excal soft case, I'm looking for something to travel to/from the Military Base so the Exocet isn't exposed.

Thanks for your inputs, Rich
wabi

Post by wabi »

Rich,
I didn't mention it, but I do own an Excalibur soft case, too. It works fine, but since I only travel a few miles to my hunting spot I seldom use it. I do take it when the weather is bad. If it's raining or snowing heavily I usually just leave the bow in it and pack it to the ground blind to keep the bow dry. Once in the blind and out of the rain the bow comes out and is made ready to hunt, and the case becomes a good seat cushion. I even treated the case with a silicone spray to make it water resistant.
wabi
Swede

Post by Swede »

Wanted to show you guys the bag I just bought for my crossbows. I bought it from Wolfszeit (Excalibur dealer Germany). Its specialy made for Excalibur crossbows. There are special space for the stock and the bow. There are special spaces to put your arrows, tools, rangefinder or what ever you wish to bring with you. Everything I need when I go shooting is in the bag. I can use it as a rucksack and its very comfortable when i go hiking or when I ride my motorcycle. I can also use it as a shooting mat.

Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Thats a Nice case Swede ..
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Swede

Post by Swede »

Yes, its realy nice. I used to carry a big hard bow case(bowguard) around for my crossbows and that was so heavy and uncomfortable. Now I dont have to think twice about bringing a crossbow with me. :D
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Well Swede that is one nice case you got there :!: :D
TYE

Post by TYE »

I just use an old Excalibur soft case I got used when I was working at Saugeen Shafts. It's pretty soft, not just cloth, there's a bit of padding to it. It works. I just bought it so I could have a case to cover my Phoenix when I'm in a vehicle. Once I'm out of the vehicle, she comes out of the case.