I just love spring time!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi you guys!
Thought I'd share a few pics with you all. I always marvel at the transformation that spring brings, and I took a few pics over the past 4 weeks. One shows my garden planted on the 24 th May, and how it changed in just less than 4 weeks!! We have just had a spell of hot weather with temps up to 33 degrees, and the property is flushed with colour. There is still a lot of things that have to show yet, but the place is looking great! It helps us to forget the long cold cold winter of NB.
The black-fly and mozzies are a real pain in the butt, and can frustrate the hell out of you on some days. If it wasn't for the bugs here, it would be like heaven, but they certainly make life difficult at times. I'm told that the black-fly will be gone soon, but we have been hearing that for some time, and we are still getting eaten alive!
Anyway, here are the few pics I mentioned. Hope you are all well, and enjoying Spring/summer.
Take care,
Grizzled.
The Garden planted on the 24th May (Potatoes, beens, onions, beets and carrotts etc.)
The garden less than 4 weeks later...
The potatoes are going great!!
The place is looking very nice indeed now!
HI Guys!!
Don't you just love this time of year??
Thanks for looking!
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

Thank`s for sending always glad to hear from you .
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

The garden is sure looking good 8)
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
diesel

Post by diesel »

Very nice pictures. How's Mary? Hope all is well with her. As close as you are to the trees I hope the deer and groundhogs don't eat up the garden.
chessy

Post by chessy »

looks like you are a free to air guy... where are your dishes pointed at :shock:
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi again,
Chessy, Not sure what a " free to air guy" is, but the dishes you see on the roof are Satelite TV, and Satelite Internet. I wanted high speed internet when we moved to our new home, but it wasn't available...no cable out here. I started off with the dial-up, but it ties up the telephone line, and drives you crazy! then we heard about a Satelite link called Explornet, and went for that. It is expensive, and not very good! When the weather is calm and clear, the signal strength is ok and we get by with it, but when there's wind, or heavy rain, or fog etc, the signal nose-dives, and it's a struggle. Trouble is, when the weather isn't good, we usually want to use the computer, and when it is calm and clear we usually like to get outside!! We won't be renewing when this first year is up!!!
Diesel, Mary is doing well. She is getting stronger every day, and the pain has gone now! she has been fishing with me a couple of times recently! Thanks for asking. As for the deer and groundhogs digging up the garden, we haven't had much of a problem yet. There was a groundhog having a go at the potato patch, and having a go at our cat on one occasion...what a noise!! Anyway, it came back a few times, and I had to dispose of it when it got too brazen!
I have been feeding a Doe and fawn for some months now, but they seem to have disappeared all of a sudden!! It was fawning time, so maybe she went away to have hers. She hasn't returned yet, but i keep putting out the feed..and hoping!! The squirrels and crows are eating the feed.
Thank you all for your replies. I know it isn't about X-bow's or hunting, but I like to keep in touch!
Grizzled.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Looks Like heaven there grizzled... Thanks for sharing more of your photos...

I'm glad to hear that your wife is feeling better ..

Take care

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife