bad broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

bad broadheads

Post by M&M »

as I read through a lot of the present and past posts. All I see in broadhead recomendations is everyones favorites and that gives some good choices to try but how about some broadheads that people just don't like and I should stay away from. I primarily hunt deer thanks M&M
M&M

Post by M&M »

what I was meaning in my post was specific broadheads to stay away from and why. thanks M&M
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not sure it would be fair to name specific broadheads as bad, as someone probably uses them successfully. :lol:
Much easier to pick a specific type (fixed blade, replacement blade, or mechanical) and look for the features you like. About any broadhead produced can be made to shoot accurately, but some just seem to be better them others. Go with brand names and avoid generic or store brands might be a good policy.
But to name one "bad" broadhead I'd have to think back to the time I bought some Howard Hill style broadheads with no manufacturer's name listed in the advertising (from 3-Rivers Archery). They looked wicked, they shot well out of my longbow, but they were impossible to get an edge on. Tried files, stones, and diamond sharpeners and decided they were sold for display and not for hunting. :lol:
wabi