Ontario Trophy Bucks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LoneWolf

Ontario Trophy Bucks

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey all,

Do you like matching wits with mature whitetail bucks and enjoy the challenges of hunting for them ?...

If so, please check out Ontario Trophy Bucks and come in and say hi.

http://www.ontariotrophybucks.com/

Hope to see you there!... Image
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Nice photo gallery Mike, I see you made it on there. I always knew there was big bucks in Ontario.

Good luck this season. Almost time to start refreshing the tree stands.

Grey Owl
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey Neil,

How have you been?...

Hope all is well with you and your's

It's been a good while hasn't it?

Yeah, I've got my plots planted, and the licks are getting hit so hard it looks like they're trying to dig their way to China!... :wink: ...

I 've been working on a couple of my older API hang-on treestands cause they're noisy. I'm in the process of mig welding them instead of the rivets them models came with. When I'd shift my weight on them they would make a ticking sound, and it was louder once it got cold out. I missed a shot on a real beauty last season because of one of them darn treestands. So it was time to fix 'em up.

Anyway, It was nice hearing from you again.

Good Luck to you too this season.

P.S. And don't be shy to give me a call eh... :)

take care!

LoneWolf
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Rich

Post by Rich »

Lone Wolf,

Not trying to start anything, but wasn't the very first deer in gallery one shot by a poacher last year. I seen several articles on how the deer was shot after daylight hours, in fact I think that's a game warden in the picture with the deer. Pretty chessey of the outfitter if my memory is correct. Now if the deer was poached on his land, unknown to him then it is a different story. However if he is posting bogus pictures to lure unsuspecting hunters to his service, I suggest his link be removed from the site.

Rich
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Yes, Rich

You are correct, that the deer was a poached deer and it is a game warden/agent in the picture with the deer. As a matter a fact the deer was poached by "American" poachers, but that doesn't change the fact that the deer WAS an "Ontario" deer, a Dryden, Ontario" deer as a matter a fact. And there's nothing in there saying that the deer was shot on this outfitter's land, and it wasn't shot on his land. The other pictures of the deer on the site weren't all shot on his land either. The deer on the site were shot all over Ontario, so they are ALL "Ontario" deer.

Furthermore, the outfitter where that deer was shot was not aware of what happened until it was too late, and it was the outfitter himself that reported them. So, what's the point you're trying to make here anyway?.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I don't see any names at all credited to the pictures,(personal,outfitter or otherwise),just nice pictures of big bucks I would like to have bagged. Pretty hard to get advertising from them that way!

..Al.
Debbie H

Post by Debbie H »

Rich. I'm not too sure I got the exact drift of your post but yes that deer was poached and some of your information is correct. Two American hunters took it upon themselves to try poaching this deer on private property after dark. This after they apparently asked the landowner for permission and were politely declined. It was the landowner who heard the shots well after dark and reported the idiots.
Pretty chessey of the outfitter if my memory is correct. Now if the deer was poached on his land, unknown to him then it is a different story. However if he is posting bogus pictures to lure unsuspecting hunters to his service, I suggest his link be removed from the site.
This site does not have any connection to the administrator's guide service which is about 2 hours south of Dryden where this deer was harvested. In fact, Shane Gulbrandson hasn't even posted any of his hunter shot deer. All those bucks are from forum members and other Ontario deer hunters. Not one deer is an outfitter deer picture from Shane or any other outfitter. Shane has his own outfitting website and it is a top-notch outfit.

Now back to the deer. I for one have no issue with that gorgeous deer and it shouldn't be hidden, in fact it is in Dryden on display for all to see. It is not the deer's fault some stupid idiots that couldn't control themselves in a foriegn country wasted this great buck. So true to OTB's nature we display some of Ontario's great bucks. The galleries are eye candy, the site has a great forum that will appeal to all hunters! So if you or anyone is interested come on to www.ontariotrophybucks.com and chat about Ontario's great outdoors!!

I am renegade at OTB and posted this under my wife's nick, but I am now a member here! Great site and I have an excaliber exomag...... :D
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Debbie H wrote:. Two American hunters took it upon themselves to try poaching this deer on private property after dark. This after they apparently asked the landowner for permission and were politely declined. It was the landowner who heard the shots well after dark and reported the idiots.
renegade,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought that this fantastic buck had been poached on an outfitter's property in Dryden, Onrario without the outfitter's knowledge about the crime (is what I call it). I wasn't aware that it had been poached from private property. Anyway, once again thanks for straightening out my thoughts.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Rich

Post by Rich »

Everyone relax............As Lone Wolf replied, it's not an outfitter trying to promote himself with bogus pictures. It's still a magnificent deer regardless of how it was killed.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

I shouldn't have looked at the pics, now i'll start thinking about it again :lol: bought my tag last night :D less than 3 months.
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession