whoa mamma!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

whoa mamma!

Post by M&M »

I just finally got to shoot my exocet 200 that I got for fathers day. I mounted the vari zone scope and did some shooting got her sighted in at 20yd and moved out to 40 and still hitting good then out to 50yd and I could not believe that at 50 yds it would shoot groups with the arrows touching each other whoa momma! but I was wondering it seems everyone on here recomends sighting in at 20 then moving to 40 to adjust the speed ring but the instructions with the scope says to move out to 50yds I tried it and it seemed to work just fine I would have to say with out a doubt that excalibur vari zone scope is the best crossbow scope I've ever tried and would recomend it to any crossbow shooter without hesitation (I was careful to shoot 1 arrow at a spot till I got out to 40 and 50yd range) And my wife who has never shot a crossbow before was even able to hit bullseyes with it M&M
WaterRat

Post by WaterRat »

Nice going. What type of bots and points were you using? I agree with you on the beauty of the Excalibur scope. I just installed dissapator bars and the Excalibur scope on my older Exomag and was impressed with the results. I have a collection of various bolts from over the years and need to settle into one type and put the rest to "rest" in my plunder closet.
Thanks,
Matt
Digger

Post by Digger »

A lot of us dont have 50 yds to sight in with. Either way sights it in, I see people sight in a ten yards, then use the speed ring at thirty yards and are still on at 50 yds.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
awshucks

V-Zone

Post by awshucks »

Yup!!! Just like all Excal's advertising, the V-zone does Exactly as advertised, just like all Excal products do.... Hats off to Mr. Bill!!!! [and thanks for your great products] signed: one happy hillbilly
"Eze 18:21"
M&M

Post by M&M »

hi waterrat I was shooting easton xx75 2216 bolts with 100 grain field points I haven't tried any broadheads yet. I was checking my local gun shop today to see if they had any slick tricks I would like to try them, the guy at the counter said whats a slick trick? so I am still looking for them I know that you can order them on line but I don't use credit cards so that is not an option so I'll keep looking M&M
Digger

Post by Digger »

Try here, they'll find a spot for you or order from them.

http://www.slicktrick.net/
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity