hard case

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

hard case

Post by M&M »

Does anyone make a hard case to fit my exocet 200 my local dealer has some soft cases but I would prefer a hard case if I could find one M&M
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I don't believe there is a hard case,but some guys break their bow down and use a double gun case. Here is one thread about it but if you do a search there is no doubt more! http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =hard+case

...Al.
M&M

Post by M&M »

that is an option but I am lazy. And when I get up to go deer hunt in the early morning I don't want to have to fool with reassembling my bow I want to be able to just put it in the back of the truck and not worry about it if that is possible M&M
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

In that case, you gonna spend as much for a hard case as you did fer you xbow .... :shock:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
M&M

Post by M&M »

has anyone out there gotten a hard case from dan miller? if so whats it like? and what about price? M&M
M&M

Post by M&M »

thanks for the input bstout I will look at the soft case a little more closely I just wanted something that would protect my bow enough to just put it in the back of the truck when I go hunting I was kind of hoping that someone made one of the injection molded type cases that would fit I have seen them range in price of 40 to 70 dollars or so. but if anyone has gotten a hard case that will work without tearing my bow down let me know about it, and yes cost is a factor for me since funds are tight for me like most everyone else these days. thanks M&M
awshucks

cases

Post by awshucks »

A double long gun case at Mal-Wart is about $15-19. You take two allen screws out to take the limbs and riser off of the rail/stock. Re-assembles in seconds w/no change in point of impact. Hard to beat, and it is very portable. I put my Emax in the bed of pickup, braced it from sliding around w/ cooler, ground blind ect., drove 300 miles to hog hunt and it never moved an iota. Pre-case era, lol these things are bullet proof.
"Eze 18:21"
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use the Excal soft case, and about the only room I can see for improvement (I hope Bill T. reads & hears this!) would be a 3-way zipper setup to make a "T" opening for the case. Other than that, I sprayed it with "CampDry® water-repellant" and use it if I have to haul the Phoenix in the back of the truck, or to the blind in really nasty weather. The shoulder straps make it easy to carry. :wink:
The soft case offers good protection from dust & dirt, small bumps, and from the elements, plus it can be used a cushion for yer seat when you do get to the stand!
wabi