wasp broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

wasp broadheads

Post by M&M »

Has anyone tried the new wasp bullet broadhead yet? and if so what do ya think of it? M&M
wabi

Post by wabi »

Tried the Wasp Boss Bullet 100 grain and quickly threw them in my junk box. Accuracy was not even close to Wasp JakHammers, SlickTricks,
or G-5 Montecs. With any of the above 3 and a scope on the Phoenix groups under 1" are normal at 25 yards. With the Bullet groups were around 3".
wabi
M&M

Post by M&M »

wow thanks for saving me some cash M&M
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm not saying they're junk, I'm just saying they wouldn't group well for me. Unfortunately a lot more than the broadhead goes into the equasion for good arrow flight. Fletching, speed, balance (FOC), and the point itself are all factors. I couldn't get SlickTricks to group with field points when I first tried them. They shot good groups, but were not with my field points. I knew from the good reviews they were getting on this forum the problem was probably something in my setup. I switched my fletching from 4º to 8º and they grouped right with field points then! But my G-5 Montecs did also, and with either fletch angle, so I went with Montecs over SlickTricks.
The Wasp Boss Bullet might shoot well for someone else, but I just didn't like the design well enough to spend more time testing and changing the other components.
Probably the best way to narrow the search for a good broadhead is to listen to other's experiences & advice, then try te most popular ones that have the features you like. You might get lucky & find a winner first try, but I would expect to have to try a few different ones.
I like G-5 Montecs for a fixed blade sharpenable broadhead, SlickTrick for a replacement blade type, and Wasp JakHammers for a mechanical (but the JakHammers have to be double banded from my Phoenix).
wabi
speedball

Post by speedball »

I would try also a rocky mountain turbo 1 1/8" three blade they have fantastic flight and are as sharp as any, they hold a sub 1" group out of my exocet at 30 yards with 4" 5 degree helical feathers with gold tips... :D
gone huntin never to return................
M&M

Post by M&M »

If it makes much diference I am using easton xx75 2216 bolts with vanes I won't be building my own arrows I just don't have the time available to get into that so I guess I need something to match up with this arrow shooting it from my exocet 200 thanks M&M
wabi

Post by wabi »

I think you'll find the Montec will shoot very well with that setup.
wabi
Bigbore

Post by Bigbore »

from what ive been readin and seeing in various tests, the Montec 3 blade is unstopable.

Bigbore
"Catch & Release Wild Trout"
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/Bigbore/trout_leaping.gif[/img]
wabi

Post by wabi »

I see G-5 now has a model similar to the Montec, but replacable blades....
http://www.g5outdoors.com/Products/Prod ... oductid=37
Guess my wife may have to complain about that fellow in the brown truck (UPS) bringing more packages to our door. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi