Hunting in Canada question...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

daveL

Hunting in Canada question...

Post by daveL »

I have only been to your fine country once and that was many moons ago. We went fishing up around Perry Sound. Anyway, I live in Georgia and I was wondering what it costs for a deer hunting license and what is the best way for someone as far away as me to hunt. Should I hire a guide or is it possible to hunt public land? What part of Canada is the best? I've seen many hunting shows that feature Alberta and Saskatchewan. Are these the best or is there good hunting in Ontario as well? My wife and I would like to plan a hunt in the next year or so. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Digger

Post by Digger »

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/pubs/hunti ... er_eng.pdf

You will need one guide for each two non-resident hunters
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

Depends on what you want. In southern Ontario and in some locations in Northern Ont. we have good numbers of whitetails with some very good bucks. Ontario is not as well known for trophy bucks, but I think that is changing. I know Ontario, allows xbows, but I'm not sure about the other provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, and BC are well known for trohpy whitetail bucks. It's best if you probably visit the individual provincial websites and follow the links to the local natural resources sites. Hunting regulations, with the execption of waterfowl are set at thr provincial level so licence costs, seasons, and regulations will be set by each province.
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

Dave, here in Alberta you would need to book with an outfitter or a hunter host(resident who can take you without remuneration).
In Sask. I believe you need an outfitter as well and are resticted to the north 1/2 of the province (not all bad).
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

The record books show Saskatchewan and Alberta as being tops, can't go wrong.

Grey Owl
daveL

Post by daveL »

Thanks for the tips! Can anyone recommend a guide or outfitter? We would like to save as much as possible but we also know you get what you pay for! Thanks.
Dave
SHADOW

Post by SHADOW »

Never think go Moose hunting instead?In Québec you will be able to have
one moose for 2 hunters.I now a great outfitters,I have gones onces during rifles hunting,and between 4 days ,we have seen 12 different moose.Next year,you will be alloyd to buck,cow and calf.The crossbow hunting season is at the same time as the bow season,in september. 8)
"Even if I walk into the valley of the Shadow,I fear no Evil,because I have a Excalibur"
daveL

Post by daveL »

Can you tell me the name of the outfitter you used? Moose hunting has always been a dream of mine. Thanks for the tip!
SHADOW

Post by SHADOW »

davel,I just send you a message,just give me a feedback if you receve it.Thanks. 8)
"Even if I walk into the valley of the Shadow,I fear no Evil,because I have a Excalibur"