Oklahoma exocet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lynnbo

Oklahoma exocet

Post by lynnbo »

Just joined

My exocet should come in tomorrow ,,what should I shoot at pigs from this bad boy!!
axis

Dan Miller

Post by axis »

Lynnbo, Call Dan Miller at Horizontal Archery 37432 Fifth Avenue 43946 740-483-2312
He can help you out.
My buddy on Big Island shoots a gold tip lazer 2 400gr bolt with a 100gr muzzy with his Exomax on pigs. it dose the job.

Axis :wink:
terry-1

pigs

Post by terry-1 »

I shoot several pigs here in Oklahoma ever year with my Exocet using beman carbon thunder bolts and muzzy or sonic broadheads. No problems yet the 175lb Exocet and bolt set up shoots right through them like a hot knife through butter. I shot two small hogs back around turkey season and smoked them whole on my smoker with BQ rub all over them. They tatsed great!
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

the only way i'm shotting a pig around here is if a shot a farmers pig :lol: i don't know if the farmers would appreciate it
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
lynnbo

first shot with new exocet

Post by lynnbo »

I have some muzzy four blade 100 grains and some 2219s ..I am going to the river sand bank tonight to begin sight in ceremonies ,,, Thanks to all for your replies ,,, I will do my best to champion the cause of horizontal bows here in the desert of Oklahma.. maybe I can smoke a pig soon !!

Lynnbo
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good luck!
Sometimes I wish we had a few around here, get's kinda boring in the summer with nothing but targets to shoot with the Phoenix.
wabi
lynnbo

hot pigs

Post by lynnbo »

Amen Brother ,,, They are kind of new to me ,,,, And just in the last few years they have exploded here in Oklahoma ,, I killed one with my vert two years ago ,,,and now this spring and summer we have killed 8 with shotguns and 00 buck at close range in the thick stuff ,, I have found that on hot days in the morning past 10 am they seem to head to the coolest creek they can find ,,, I carry plenty of ice and quarter them quick in hot weather ,,, It is pretty cool slipping up on them in a little one man canoe too,, I am preparing to go after them with my new exocet,,, Hog heaven baby !!!