Crossbow cases ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

questmqn

Crossbow cases ?

Post by questmqn »

Which crossbow cases are better? The soft or the hard cover? I'd think the hard are bulkier, but protect better than the soft. I am just leary that the soft might not keep it well protectd. Thanks
Digger

Post by Digger »

if you own an Excalibur, your almost out of luck finding a har case, or you can do as I do and use a double gun case for long trips. You remove two riser bolts and when you put it together there is no need to re sight. It is not as bulky as a xbow hard case.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
BigBear

Re: Crossbow cases ?

Post by BigBear »

questmqn wrote:Which crossbow cases are better? The soft or the hard cover? I'd think the hard are bulkier, but protect better than the soft. I am just leary that the soft might not keep it well protectd. Thanks
The soft case works great!..If you plan on going on an airline, the hard case would serve the right purpose...hope this helps..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

The hard case offers more protection from impacts, but the soft case is normally plenty of protection from dirt, dust, and light bumps. I use the soft case which I sprayed with water repellent (silicone) for hunting. It makes a good cushion or foot warmer when the bow isn't in it, too. If I were taking an extended trip I'd probably use a hard gun case & take the bow down to fit inside.
wabi