removing bolts from 3-D targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

removing bolts from 3-D targets

Post by raydaughety »

When I shot at the range this past weekend, I had a very difficult time removing my bolts from the targets. All of the targets were new, I'm sure that didn't help. I tried using one of those rubber grips that wraps around the bolt and my excalibur threaded arrow puller but still found it very difficult to remove my bolts. I even tried soap! Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve that may help ?
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
BigBear

Re: removing bolts from 3-D targets

Post by BigBear »

raydaughety wrote:When I shot at the range this past weekend, I had a very difficult time removing my bolts from the targets. All of the targets were new, I'm sure that didn't help. I tried using one of those rubber grips that wraps around the bolt and my excalibur threaded arrow puller but still found it very difficult to remove my bolts. I even tried soap! Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve that may help ?
Hi..I use arrow lub on my bolts for 3-D..also use the arrow puller by Dan Miller..Man his puller works great!...very easy to pull your bolts out..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

I use the excalibur "T" handle, but on occasion rips the inserts out of the bolts, but all you need it to re-glue them, super Glue :!: :lol:
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
wabi

Post by wabi »

Dan Miller arrow puller can't be beat. Clamp it on the arrow, give it a 1/4 turn, and pull straight out!
wabi
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

How much are they going for :?:
For me hunting is just like Mossy Oak, it's not a passion, it's an Obsession
awshucks

d miller

Post by awshucks »

phoenix: $11.00 at 740-483-2312. Best $ you'll spend, imho. Check out his prices on strings while u r at it.
"Eze 18:21"
diesel

Post by diesel »

Yes the Dan Miller arrow puller is the best.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I made a lube tube with PVC pipe , 2end caps and some foam. Glued it all together grill a hole in one cap. then sprayed silicone lube in the contraption. Just stick the arrow in and it gets a coat of silicone .

The rubber jar grippers work fairly well on tough arrows . Gold Tips seem to be the worst arrow when it comes to removal from a 3 d target. Must be their surface texture.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I like the idea of pulling them out by the shaft as opposed to the insert.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

Shooting GT Laser II with my Exocet at a Morrell's yellow jacket last night. Combined with the penetration I am getting with the Exocet, the GTs are next to impossible to remove without a puller.

If shooting within 30 yards the GTs were penetrating to half way on the fletchings. At fifty yards they were penetrating to within 1/2" of the fletchings. So there is no shaft to gab by hand to pull.
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

That's exactly the same problem I had, bury the bolts up to the fletching, and nothing to grab on to. My solution to this problem, go visit poor dave's post .............. telephone book target.

Grey Owl
awshucks

pulling arrows

Post by awshucks »

Fwiw: Danny Millers pliers will fit well behind the fletch/vanes and still pull them fine.
"Eze 18:21"