crossbow-fishing setup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gosthunter

crossbow-fishing setup

Post by gosthunter »

does anyone know the best crossbow-fishing setup ,how much is it and the comp's that make them :?:
Evan

Re: crossbow-fishing setup

Post by Evan »

gosthunter wrote:does anyone know the best crossbow-fishing setup ,how much is it and the comp's that make them :?:
The best crossbow fishing setup starts with any Excalibur crossbow. I use both a Vixen and an Exocet. Add an AMS Retriever bowfishing reel, fasten it to the quiver mounting holes at the bottom of the rail. Make your arrows using the instructions I posted for Farmer (use the search feature to find it). I use the Excal fiber optic front sight and no rear sight. A scope is useless for bowfishing. I tend to lose the target even with the rear peep sight much less a scope. I shot some silver carp last weekend, and had passthrough problems even with the Vixen Lite and Zwickey Scorpio arrow arrestors. Silver carp have soft flesh and very small scales unlike common carp and buffalo.
Capt Troy Ferreira

Guide Set up

Post by Capt Troy Ferreira »

The AMS reel is the best set Ive found , I make a livung with it and Rec to all . With the Muzzy arrows and Brownell cord ( 200 ,400and 640 lb ) Dep on what your shooting . If you have any questions drop me a line
(727 919-6519
Capt Troy Ferreira
Gator Guide and BowFishing too the NEXT Level