Gasoline prices hit a new high here today!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

The only problem with this thread is:

1-You have to heat your home
2-you have to get to work
3-you have to feed yourself and family
4-buy cloths
5-we/you have to buy gas & oil to do this. So all the bitching and all the ideas are moot as we can not do anything in the near future about this. By the time if anything is done we will all be 6ft under and won't really give a *hit!!!!!

This thread sucks as all we can do is VENT a little and accomplish NOTHING!Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
marmot

Post by marmot »

jh45gun wrote:Still not sure if the country figures its ready for a woman President. If they are I hope the hell it is not hillary, but then she may get in because some may think she is not a woman LOL
I personally believe that a third party candidate has a greater chance of winning the general election than Hillary. Republicans cannot stand the woman. Independents do not care for her much either, and most Democrats believe that she is a Republican in blue clothing (Hillary and Bill are in bed with India Inc., see: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/articleshow? msid=538674). The only people that believe in her are the intellectual elite, and they are completely out of touch with the average wage income-earning citizen regardless of party affiliation.
Last edited by marmot on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marmot

Post by marmot »

kendo kid wrote:The oil companies and their allies (our enemies) will continue to rake in huge profits while keeping the world unstable thus allowing prices to rise.
Maybe we should let them reap what they sow? Without U.S. intervention, the terrorists would eventually turn against their financiers.

The only reason that the U.S. gets involved in Middle East affairs is to protect their non-Middle East oil sources. While it may sound counter intuitive at first, protecting Middle East oil supplies keeps the users of that oil from sourcing their oil from the non-Middle East sources where the U.S. gets most of its supply. Without the Middle East sources, the price of distillates such as gasoline would skyrocket to the point where the average citizen could no longer afford it. The continent that would be most affected by really expensive gasoline would be North America as Europe and Asia have less gasoline dependent infrastructures and better mass transportation.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

GaryL
I heat with natural gas not oil. I live in the city and manage to heat a great deal of my house with wood. By the way both are from North America. Biomass is not owned by the oil companies. Get off the couch and cut some twisted trees that need to be culled anyway.

People discussing things actually does make changes. But a piss-a-mist-tic attitude solves little. Get off your can and get on the stick. Put that prodigious brain power to work and I bet you can even make a positive suggestion.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Swede

Post by Swede »

Heating up houses and buildings is a big issue here in Sweden. Both economical(much more expensive that over in the USA and Canada. 1000litre(264gallons) oil for heating houses cost 1400$) and the enviroment. I am doing facility management and we study this alot. There are lots of options today and more and more people are leaving oil heating over here. Actually we have been looking at some different ways in heating houses. One was a farm that have cows. They used the heat the cows give to heat up two normal houses. The second house(smart house) was the most interesting I think. It was only heated up by the heat from the people and the electrical machines(fridge, washing machine etc). The isolation and ventilation of the house was done in a very inteligent way. It takes too long to describe it here. I only mean there is many new inventions comming in the future. And in many ways the future is already here. My job is to save money for companies and private people. I belive you can make improvements realy easy that will save money and the enviroment.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

kendo kid good for you eh :evil:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I heat with electricity......
which is generated by coal fired powerplants......
but the coal gets to the powerplant in a river barge which is pushed by a deisel powered boat.
Looks like the petroleum industry still gets part of the profits!
wabi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Well truth of the fact is, heat with wood or coal you still have to pick it up or have it delivered. Gas for your chain saw plus OIL, Gas for your truck inless you have your timber to cut at your back door. Gas & Oil to use a log splitter or split by hand.

I do use wood to HELP heat my house and complety heat my shop with wood. Some places like in some citys don't allow wood stoves any more for safety.

But it's moot in reality as Oil & Gas go up so do everything else, so what you save in Gas & Oil you spend for FOOD and other necessities. It is just the way it is. If not OIL then it would be something else. Thats LIFE and we all adapt one way or the other :!: Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
the elf

Post by the elf »

In my hometown in Eastern Ontario Canada---------regular unleaded gas is selling for------------$110.2 per litre----and our Canadian gallon is 4.55 litres per gallon-------------bummer.---------elf.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Swede
Good stuff. Since the price of heating fuel in Europe is much higher I can see why folks are looking for ways to cut down on consumption. If folks on this side of the puddle would put some ingenuity to work I am sure many more changes would occur here as well. Cutting back is not just good for me it is good for everyone including the planet.

Most of my wood comes from ash pallets damaged beyond repair. They are located not far from the house. It keeps the landfills a little emptier. I have an associate building a 300 million RMB (Chinese dollars) in Wuhan to recycle garbage (plastic, glass, cardboard, composted organic matter, etc.) all fueled by waste and produces electricity to feed back into the grid. He built one in Harbin a year ago and a prototype in Beijing two years ago. the Japanese got real interested and did an joint venture with him. Incredible operation that requires no oil for fuel. They do use petrol for collection. But another small step for all of us.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
marmot

Post by marmot »

deleted
M&M

Post by M&M »

I just got home from germany yesterday and gas here in my part of ohio is 2.98 a gallon but in germany it was around 1.28 to 1.34 euro per liter and you do the conversion of about 1.26 american to 1.00 euro and it is about 6.30 a gallon I went through scottland and a taxi driver told me he paid about a pound per liter and it is about 2.00 american to one pound so they pay close to 8.00 a gallon. I am not saying we have it great by any means but there are those who have it much worse but something has got to give. I do have my own solution to the problem, if it is true that we feed the world then lets start charging the middle eatern oil mongers 50.00 a bushel of wheat and right on down the line for anything else they want from us for food if they don't like it then try eating all that stinking sand M&M
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Image Image
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

gad wrote:Here in Brazil it costs about 4,31 usd a gallon (3.8 liters)
Gad I saw on TV where Brazil had changed to ethanol which they made from sugar cane, converted their cars and was independant from third world oil. Is everything as rosy as they say.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
marmot

Post by marmot »

jh45gun wrote:Good point they got to eat! Problem is we have too darn many liberals in the US that would just want to give it to them! :x :x :x :evil: :x :x :x :evil: :x
At this point, I believe that even far-left liberals are ready to stick it to the oil barons. I live in a "blue" state (more moderate than liberal), and the amount of cursing that I hear at the pumps is amazing. I heard one guy scream, “Next, you’ll want my first born!” That was after a stream of expletives left his mouth.