Hey, Y'all ... (New Member)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Hey, Y'all ... (New Member)

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Greetings from the sunny and sweltering south ... 99 degrees today!

My name is Adam Henderson. I live in rural eastern North Carolina, down a long dead-end road in the middle of nowhere, in an area known as Gum Neck, with my wife April and a multitude of deer, turkey, black bears and other assorted wildlife. I come out when I must!

I'm new to the forum, and new to crossbow shooting. I recently received an NC permit to use the crossbow during regular archery season due to a carpal tunnel syndrome injury (my left thumb is numb) and a torn right bicep. I have been an accomplished archer for many years, and a successful bowhunter too, but will now make the switch to a crossbow.

I have been the proud owner of an Excalibur Exomax for two weeks now. I'm very pleased with it so far. It seems well made, it's amazingly accurate and fast, and is a breeze to cock with the rope aid (I am a fairly strong guy, injuries notwithstanding ... and am able to cock the crossbow by squatting, without flexing my wrist or curling my bicep). It's a blast to shoot, though somewhat of a process compared to vertical bow shooting. In any case, I'm tickled with the way things have turned out, because I had always wanted to shoot a crossbow anyway, but had never purchased one due to their illegality during hunting seasons. Now, thanks to a surgeon's ruling, I am able to embrace a new sport, and hunting discipline. If I had to be hurt, I'm glad it worked out this way.

I will be pleased to be a part of this forum, I think. I enjoy sharing and responding, but have invariably gotten fed up with forum experiences in the past due to stupid arguments and infighting ... you know the sort: "I'm more of a real hunter than you because I use a recurve, longbow, selfbow ... and so it goes, ad nauseum. Somehow, I anticipate that such "holier-than-thou" foolishness won't be a factor here. I hope so, and look forward to it.

Glad to introduce myself, and hope to get to know ya'll soon.

Adam (Grizz)
Grizz
DustyinAZ

Post by DustyinAZ »

Welcome to the forum Grizz

~Dusty~
TScottW

Post by TScottW »

Welcome to the forum! :D I just joined myself and just bought an Excalibur myslef also. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful here.
"A free people ought to be armed."
-George Washington
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

welcome from up here in Va.. ive been here for about 3months and its a very laid back place. Everyone here loves to hunt and shoot so im right at home :lol:

I just wish we could grow big bucks out this way like the midwest or northwest has :twisted: Ive used a compound bow for years and years and probably took 20 some deer with it. I made the jump to a xbow just to see the other side lol. Ill probably use both this year but xbows definitly are a good thing for guys like yourself that cant really hold/draw a compound anymore.

goodluck with the bow this year... hopefully its a plus for us both;)
hatchet jack

grizzley adam

Post by hatchet jack »

hey griz, welcome from kansas i read the forum every day dont respond much, 97 here today 104 yesterday, just out in the back yard a doe was eating pears in my back yard, this is a great forum

hatchet jack
they say he is still up there.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Image Grizzly Adam :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Ron

Post by Ron »

Hi Grizzly. Welcome. I too live in the sweltering South.......... Georgia. It is hard to believe with the near 100 degree weather that our bow season begins in mid September, and even harder to make yourself get out and shoot.
You will find that the vast majority of the forum members are avid hunters and crossbow shooters and willingly offer really good advice to newbies of the sport. Glad to have you onboard.
Ron
I would rather be hunting.
marmot

Post by marmot »

Welcome! :)
NZ Hunter

Post by NZ Hunter »

Hi Griz, welcome to the friendly forum. As you know there is a wealth of info here the members are only too happy to share. Sounds like you live in paradise.
If it feels good, DO IT.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

What it is Grizz, welcome to the forum and a great site. I shoot the Phoenix and live in west Tn. 3 1/2 miles from Ms. river yup its hot knocks a 100 most every day.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome!!!!
We're getting some cooler weather here in southern Ohio the next couple of days. Daytime highs in the mid 80s & below 70 at night. :D
Can't wait to hear a frost warning again! :lol:
wabi
diesel

Post by diesel »

Welcome again from Ohio Grizz
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

a big welcome from savannah ga grizz. its been hot down this way too. i am the owner of a exomag and will be the owner of a phoenix in a few days. its been so hot that i havent even been out scoutning or puting out any stands this year. i just may use a blind to hunt from this year, so good luck up in nc state this year.
Grizzly Adam

Glad To Hear From All Of You!

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Sure am tickled to get so many kind responses already. It's a pleasure to hear from all of you, and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy being a part of things here. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Grizz
Grizz
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Welcome to the forum lets us know how things progress with your new Max. :D if you need any info you will find many knowledgable folks on here.