String life

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

String life

Post by TPM »

I did a lot of research on crossbows before I settle in on Excalibur, and I have no doubt I made the right choice, but one criticism I often came across was that Excaliburs tend to have a shorter string life than a lot of other xbows. What kind of string life can I expect (Phoenix) and what should I be looking for in terms of string wear? Typically my bow will probably see about 200-300 shots a year at the range and spend about 10-20 days in the field during deer season.
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

I am not sure what type of string you are using I have a string on my exomag right now that has over 800 shots on it and it is still going strong (in fact I was sighting it in on Sunday and did the dreaded Dryfire and it was fine as was the bow) I wax my string every 20 - 30 shots and I fine this help a lot.
shoot straight stay late.
steven in England

Post by steven in England »

My strings on my Excaliburs last as long or longer than any other crossbow I own or have owned. The only thing I do is use Tenpoint rail lube to reduce deck friction instead of wax. The best thing is the strings are simple to change not like a compound.
Steven
Steven in England
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

With proper maintainence the strings last quite a long time. my brother in law put a new string on his Exomag at the start of the 3 d season. Still shooting the same string.

Just went and counted the number of shoots we have attanded 16 . There are a few practice shots here and there. 16 shoots X 30 targets = 480 shots and the string is still going strong.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

While I have bought two extra strings. This will be the start of my third season using the string that came with my Exocet. I wax it every 20 shots or so. Tom