Lumenock's, ever use them?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrianV

Lumenock's, ever use them?

Post by BrianV »

Hi All,

I am the proud owner of a new Exocet 200 and was wondering, I am shooting the carbon bolts and am interested in using the lumenock's in them this season.

Anyone ever use them on the carbons? How did they work?

BrianV
DustyinAZ

Post by DustyinAZ »

I use the tracers and they work fine for me. you can turn them on and off with the magnet they also come on when they hit the target or game. If by chance it didnt come on when you fired it although it has never happened to me. Work fine on my Max. Stays off until you shoot.

~Dusty~

http://www.tracerarrow.com/page/page/1013951.htm
Rich

Post by Rich »

I just ordered a 3 pack from lumenok:

http://www.lumenok.net/index.htm

The cost was $25 for 3. My buddy shoots them out of his vert bow and they are awesome. No magnet require for these to operated, they turn on wth the momentum of the shot. They told me you had to order flat nock xbow lumenoks for Gold Tips directly from them.

Rich
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Boy.. I would but then I wouldn't be able to register my deer with P & Y..

BIG :wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
jaybird

Lumenok's ever use them?

Post by jaybird »

I've tried the Lumenok but had mixed results.The first Laser II bolt fired shattered upon deployment falling well short of the target.The second made it to the target resulting in a clean kill; but, found the bolt to be split at the nock area after retrieval.I'm thinking that the nock is not compatible with the Gold Tip since it is based on a 2216 instead of a 2219 bolt.
Hardy Buck

Post by Hardy Buck »

Your not supposed to use A knoched arrow with Excalibur X-bows. I have seen those lumanocks used before, they are excellent with compound style bows.
" Theres a spot for all of gods creatures, Right beside the Mash Potatoes "
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hardy Buck wrote:Your not supposed to use A knoched arrow with Excalibur X-bows. I have seen those lumanocks used before, they are excellent with compound style bows.
They make flat nocks for crossbow bolts too :)
Vic from Pa.

lumanock's are great

Post by Vic from Pa. »

I installed them in my gold tips and shoot them in practice and hunting.
They are the only way I can see my bolts leaving my exomax, I have " OLD EYE " .
I have shot many practice shoots and put two through deer this year and have had no problems. They work great.
Something I do when installing them is once I remove the origonal insert and sand out the glue from the shaft, I put the lumnock battery in my drill and using emery cloth sand the plastic nock until it fits right in the shaft. I make it just tight enough to be able to push it to come on and wiggle it to go off.
Rich

Post by Rich »

After installing mine, the first shot splintered the base of my bolt, Lumenok sent me 3 new ones and after repeated shooting the new Lumenok eventually drove itself into the base of my GT II. Additionally they did not group consistently, one was so far out it was useless, the best I could get was 2" close to my fieldtip/broadheads. I stopped using them after splintering 3 Gold Tips.

Rich
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I shot and killed a buck about a week ago. He was only 15 yards and I couldn't even tell where my arrow hit it was over so quick. Not good. I like to know where my arrow hits to trail accordingly. So, I bought one for trial.

It was made for a 2219, not a 2216.

In fact I had to file it down a little to get it to fit my Laser IIs.

I've shot it a dozen times with no problems.

It really does allow the arrow to be seen better in flight and in the target it is a beacon of light.
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Woody,I have 3 on the way what kind of glue did you use, thought maybe hot melt would be better.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
Rich

Post by Rich »

Tar Heel,

Lumenoks require no glueing, you have to be able to slide them in and out slightly to turn on/off.

Rich
hawg hunter

lumenock

Post by hawg hunter »

I shoot the tracer with great results. Easy to see your bolt in flight and easy to find on pass through. Would aid in trackin if no pass through.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

As Rich said - no glue.

They fit very tight, even with a little filing on mine.
Woody Williams

Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

I'll second the Tracer nocks - been practicing with them for the last couple of weeks and am really impressed with them. They allowed me to clearly see that I made a "clean miss" on a doe in last hunting light this past weekend. :evil:
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH