Bowtech Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

htoler

Post by htoler »

The site for the Stryker crossbow is active now shows a better pic of the bow. and you can now order the Middelton directly from them, I have gotten a Reply every time I have e-mailed Derrick Middelton, and the Middelton crossbow could pass as the twin to an Excalibur.. its a recurve Limb crossbow.. I will stick with crossbows that are proven myself, now after thay have been out a year or two and you can get some feedback on them , then maybe I would consider them, but I would not want to plunk down my hard earned money to be a guinnie pig. now if they want to give me one to test it out for them hey I would be all for that..
ExCalibur ExoCet 200
Tenpoint ProElite
widowman

Post by widowman »

Looks real nice. I imagine that Tenpoint and Horton are keeping a close eye on this bow. It may create a competition among manufactures that really advances the crossbow. Remember the hunting industry is big business. A faster quieter bow definately will have a place in the market. Also, from my limited experience with Bowtech, they produce some nice bows. I would imagine that Bowtech would put the same quality into a crossbow.

Also, with the crossbow gaining access in more and more states, crossbow sales will be quickly grow into one of the biggest sales items in the hunting industry.

However, Excalibur will always have thier share of the market. There will always be people that enjoy the simplicity, ease of use and performance of the Excalibur line.

Personally, I just shot an Excal Exocet and a Tenpoint QX-4 elite all weekend. Both crossbows are excellent. They both punch even the smallest targets with relative ease. They are set up a little different, with each one having thier advantages. The Exocet has a Vari Zone scope while the Tenpoint sports a single red dot. While the Vari Zone is superior for various distance shooting, the red dot on the Tenpoint set at 25 yards is perfect for my east coast whitetail hunting. The QX4 has the Acu-Draw 50 built-in to the stock and with the Exocet I use the cocking aid. Both aids make easy work of cocking. It is kind of nice when practice shooting to have the drawing aid as part of the bow, however while hunting I normally only need to draw the bow once. The QX4 does have a Steddy Eddy monopod which makes "offhand" shooting easy. The Exocet is not set up with one, but, one can be installed.

While both bows perform flawlessly and have similar performance. I will most likely be hunting with the Exocet because of its light physical weight.

Well I guess I'll quit rambling and say that I am interested to see what happens to the crossbow industry with more competition in the market.
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Looks pretty cool!! It would look a lot better if it didnt look like something off of starwars!!!! Obe 1 conobe would be proud to own that!!!!! Looks like it will start shootin out lasers!!! :lol:
!!!!!!EXOCET 200!!!!!
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

almost like the great lakes crossbow that i saw today :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

The 405 fps will be used aginst us in trying to legalize crossbws in states that they aren't already in.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
widowman

Post by widowman »

"The 405 fps will be used aginst us in trying to legalize crossbws in states that they aren't already in."

Even if opponents use this information, I doubt that it will effect the choices made by state game departments.

Most of the states that have recently accepted or are considering crossbow seasons have deer population problems. These states need increased deer management/harvest.

I don't see how these states would look down on a top notch performance crossbow when they are in need of more options for deer reduction.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Totally Cool. Just one problem CAMS. Been there done that. Ain't going back. :shock: :P
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Wowie wow - I just ordered a Bowtech Tomkat. If the same guys are now making crossbows, they're bound to be top-notch. They look like they've eliminated the chance of anyone thwacking their fingers with the string!

I'm sure it's going to be very pricey. I'd better start allocating funds for a "second crossbow cash stash"!
AIROHS

Post by AIROHS »

LOL imagine my EXOMAX with a draw length that long, no doubt 550 fps PLUS, looks like more junk to ole AIROHS :roll:
EXOMAXXED and LOVING it
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Still waiting to see the sparks fly .. when Middleton starts selling their bows ( has anyone bought one yet ? )

Looks like an Excalibur knock off to me ! ... Middleton must have crossed the line somewhere with " patent infringement " ..... just an observation .... I guess we will find out soon enough !

I'm also betting Excalibur could win the race on speed since I don't think you will find a crossbow mfg. company that knows more about " all that is crossbow " .... but I'll bet they are considering " safety and reliablity first " compared to the " need for speed "

My $ 0.02
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
wabi

Post by wabi »

If I'd get in the back of my truck with the Phoenix and have someone drive me along at 68 MPH (100 fps), then shoot the Phoenix in a forward direction would the arrow speed be the bow's launch speed + the forward rate of motion?
wabi
arbalest

arrow speed

Post by arbalest »

yes