Bowtech Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Bowtech Crossbow

Post by Farmer »

It sounds like Bowtech is entering the crossbow market. They are saying 405 fps 155 footpounds/KE :shock: :shock: :shock: . Parallel limbs, Binary cam, and whispertech silence.

It looks pretty cool / futurstic, SuperTrooper type styling. There is a thunb finger protector on the forestock. I just wonder how long it will hold together?

http://www.strykerxbow.com/
TYE

Re: Bowtech Crossbow

Post by TYE »

Farmer wrote:I just wonder how long it will hold together?
Looks pretty cool but I'm wondering the same thing.
ALINALBERTA

Re: Bowtech Crossbow

Post by ALINALBERTA »

[quote="Farmer"]It sounds like Bowtech is entering the crossbow market. They are saying 405 fps 155 footpounds/KE :shock: :shock: :shock: . Parallel limbs, Binary cam, and whispertech silence.

Farmer,where did you get the info on this bow,the web page is just a pic. with no details really. :?:

..Al.
KYXbow

Post by KYXbow »

Bowtech does make some good bows. But, I am sold on my Excalibur. A brand new Stryker xbow still doesn't appeal to me with its new styling and cams.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Wooooooooooeeeee what a compound Xbow wow!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
htoler

Post by htoler »

There was some info on it in the inside archery magazine , at least that is what someone posted on the A.T. forum,,
ExCalibur ExoCet 200
Tenpoint ProElite
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Thanks htoler, interesting reading. The picture there of just the riser and limbs is pretty cool looking. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=366005

..Al.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'm stickin w/ what keeps on clickin
"Eze 18:21"
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Looks to be very front heavy to me.

I wonder what the power stroke on that is?

I also wonder if the 405 fps is like the 375 fps by Middleton?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
DustyinAZ

Post by DustyinAZ »

To Many Strings there for me. I shoot my Max everyday, So I average a new string about every 2 weeks. I'll stick with my Max, Im in a debate about my next exbow. Either the Exocet or the Phoenix. I beleive if it works and it works great all the time then dont fix it. My Max get the bolts out there at 50 to 60 yrds poppin coyotes with no problem and more than fast enough before they hear it comming. Why Change now? Nothing against the other xbow makers. Excalibur keeps shooting the same, time after time with no problems. :)

~Dusty~
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Woody, what do you mean by "is the 405 fps like Middletons 375 fps.?" Have you had a chance to see or shoot one of those xbows,I take it that it didn't live up to it's hype?

..Al.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Why are these companies making things so complicated, they should follow the excalibur example and keep it simple. :wink: :D
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

DUSTY.you say you go through a new string every 2 wks. say 20$ a pop thats 520$ ayr.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ALINALBERTA wrote:Woody, what do you mean by "is the 405 fps like Middletons 375 fps.?" Have you had a chance to see or shoot one of those xbows,I take it that it didn't live up to it's hype?

..Al.
ALINALBERTA every time I have tried to see or find whom carry the Middleton so far none are around. Have sent e-mails, get back please send address of any dealer who might be interested in selling them. Anyone know where to see one :?: Other then the pics on the Middleton site :!: :roll:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

Reminds me of the parapox,but with a machined al. riser angled way forward to increase the power stroke.but if people didnt try new things most of us would be sitting in a very over populated europe wondering whats on the other side of the pond.