Is the RUT on?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moxie

Is the RUT on?

Post by Moxie »

I got this picture with one of my Camtrakkers in my Massachusetts swamp and it looks like this buck is checking to see if the doe is in heat, but he's still in velvet. This is a June - July picture. Of course that is my API Telescoping Packmaster treestand in the picture.

Terry

Quad 300 x2
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

nice pic... he's more than likely just getting a drink of water. I wouldnt expect the rut untill Oct and Nov 8)

but just like all animals and us, we are always curious about the other sex also :lol: :P
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I expect the same thing but it just invokes that thought.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good pic!
How do you like the telescoping stand?
wabi
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Have u had any rain around where u hunt? It looks pretty dry!!!!!!
Your atv would be a john boat!!!! LOL :lol:
!!!!!!EXOCET 200!!!!!
marmot

Post by marmot »

How does one hang that type of stand?
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

wabi,,,,, I like the stand. It's confortable and goes up easy. I'm getting another one next month. the only problem I had withit was making the transition in the stand from getting the stand unlocked and into the down position to stand on, then making the reverse transition to exit. I finally put a hook above the stand to clamp into for safety, and I've had no problems since.

buckbuster,,,, We had allot of rain during the spring and very early summer. This swamp has no running water into it; so, it relies on Mother Nature for its water supply, and the beaver that has make its home there, does everything it can to keep all that rain water in. Therefore, I do everything I can to keep the water level low.

marmot,,,,, If you look at the stand itself, you'll see black strapsaround the tree it's attached to. The stand is strapped to a tree is the best way I can explain it.

I did take a 2x3 out of that stand last October.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
the elf

Post by the elf »

I may be blind but I only see the steps behind the doe.the steps go right out of the top of the picture--------no stand in sight.Any chance of a repost so we can all see the stand too? Elf.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Here's what I found on the net.

I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I tyhink this will show it better. I've also added a rail which is seperate from the stand itself.

Terry

Quad 300 x2
the elf

Post by the elf »

Thank you-----that`s much better !!!!! :D :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

how high is that also? looks like about 15ft maybe? High enough but those tree's are small so if you are over 200, then deer will make out the outline easy. Looks like a really good spot, just the tree's are so small. Im only 160pounds and look like a stick, so if i turned sideways I could blend in with that tree though 8) :D

have you ever had any issues tracking a hit deer with all the water in there? Im sure skeeters are hell their is its hot also :(
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

crazyfarmer,,,,, I have not found the trees size to be a problem. I sit still and limit my movements to a minimum but when I move, it's done very slowely. The stand is about 18 feet up, where I'm sitting. At this time the biting insects are not bad at all. The water in the swamp is evaporating and the swamp is drying up. Yes, I do weight just over 200 pounds.
Terry

Quad 300 x2