got the Va B&C score on my deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

got the Va B&C score on my deer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Well, I took the lil buck to the Va deer classic and from what I saw Virginia scores different from the National B&C club. The add a few more points but also take away from as I found out. My deer actaully caused a big stink because of its broken brow. Under B&C if you are missing a point or if its broken then you take the smallest circumference between the bur and the G2 and sub that same score for both. Makes sense.. well, 3 B&C judges scored mine at 159 7/8ths :twisted: But then the head Va judge come sover and said no, you can take the measurement since its a broken point and you can only use the circumference between where the brow was and the G2. So I lost 5inches there :roll:

anyway, it ended up grossing 157 3/8ths and netting 153 2/8ths for a 7pt. Had I had the brow and everything was good he woulda scored 165 4/8ths under the Va b&c scoring system. Im kinda happy that my deer caused a almost fist fight between 4 judges LMAO

my buddies deer I took there grossed 162 7/8ths and netted 162 6/8ths since it was a perfect rack with no deductions in the 8pt class

now i can say that my deer caused a fight and didnt score half bad for a 7pt

here's a pic of both of ours together.. mines the left one and his is right

LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Those are some nice wide racked bucks :) . They look similar. Did they both come from the same area?
Rick Teal

Post by Rick Teal »

Under B&C, the circumferences are taken on either side of a broken or otherwise non-qualifying G1.

I know this because I took the B&C course about a month ago, and asked this very question. Your first circumference measurement is between the burr and the broken brow tyne. The second is taken between the broken tyne and the G2.
I hunt, therefore I am.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Very nice, you guys both did really good, hope you guys get them again this year :wink: :D
TScottW

Post by TScottW »

Beautiful bucks CF!

Wish I could have made it to the show, but had to work.
"A free people ought to be armed."
-George Washington
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

What Rick said.

You got shorted..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Either way great deer! Where they done by the same taxidermist? Personally I think your mount looks much better.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mine was done by a different person. I took 3 of my past to the guy that did the one on the right and his work just got worse and worse. The detail on mine was awesome and needless to say, he's gonna get my business if i get lucky again.

I dunno wtf was up with the judges and how they scored that broken point. 3 of them said they scored it 158 7/8ths, but the head judge wouldnt expect that and took the cir back off :roll: Either way, I didnt make a huge deal cause I only finished 10th out of 19 good bucks. I was the only 7pt in the class(7-8pt class). My friends 162 score only got him 7th, so even had I been socred 158 it wouldnt have help me much. The deer that won scored 190 in my class(awesome mass and spread)!!!!

oh and those deer were taking about 1.5miles apart so yes they were close together, but not in the same farms. The doe to buck ratio here is like 15 to 1 lol, so bucks dont move much from what I see
wabi

Post by wabi »

Still a very nice buck regardless of the official score.
wabi