CAN NOT SHIP CROSSBOWS TO CANADA?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

excaliburfanatic

CAN NOT SHIP CROSSBOWS TO CANADA?????

Post by excaliburfanatic »

I WAS READING THAT6 A SHIPPER CAN NOT SHIP CROSSBOWS TO CANADA NOW I AM CONFUSED HERE....... I THOUGHT CROSSBOWS WERE LEGAL IN CANADA? AFTER ALL THEY ARE MANUFACTURED THERE. WHATS UP?????????
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

The government and all the hoops they make you jump through. I couldn't get a Sims Recoil Pad into Canada!!!!!!!!! :evil: What am I going to do with it.... hit someone on the head with a piece of rubber??? IT GETS VERY ANNOYING!!!
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Digger

Post by Digger »

I have shipped 4 xbow to the US this year and the longest took less than 2 weeks to get there. Its not that they can't its just some postal clerk has her tail in a knot. If you cant ship from one post office try another. I've had 3 businesses that wont ship north because of the hassle.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
excaliburfanatic

Post by excaliburfanatic »

I KNOW I AM A RETIRED LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVER. MY WIFE AND I BOTH LOVE CANADA. I TOOK HER WITH ME THERE. I USED TO RUN CANADA ALOT . AND I KNOW FIRST HAND WHAT CUSTOMS IS LIKE. ON ONE HAND YOU LIKE TO SEE THEM TOUGH AT BORDER BUT ON THE OTHER HAND. SOME THINGS THEY TAKE TO EXTREME. MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE BORDER GOONS. IS IT WAS ALWAYS OUR US CUSTOMS THAT WERE REALLY NASTY AND UNFORGIVING. I PICKED UP A LOAD IN CANADA ONE TIME COMING BACK TO THE US. AND ALL IT WAS AS A LOAD OF KIDDIE POOLS AND STUFF LIKE THAT YOU KNOW BASICALLY A LOAD OF PLASTIC. WELL I WAS IN A HURRY AND DID NOT FILL OUT THE DRIVER MANIFEST. WHICH WAS CRAZY TO START WITH BECAUSE I HAD ALREADY HAD THE SHIPPER MANIFEST. WELL ANYWAY THEY GOT TO BE A-HOLES REAL QUICK AT THE BOARDER AND TREATED ME LIKE I WAS HAULIN A LOAD OF ILLEGAL DRUGS OR EXPLOSIVES OR SOMETHING. AND THREATENED TO FINE ME $10,000 IT WAS REALLY RETARDED I THINK THEY JUST GET THEIR ROCKS OFF HOLDING DRIVERS UP............NEEDLESS TO SAY I DO NOT MISS ALL THE BS THAT WENT ALONG WITH TRUCK DRIVING.. A REAL PAIN IN THE BUTT SPORT....
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just shipped one last week. One suggestion would be to list it on the customs form as "archery equipment".
wabi
Tom

Re: CAN NOT SHIP CROSSBOWS TO CANADA?????

Post by Tom »

excaliburfanatic wrote:I WAS READING THAT6 A SHIPPER CAN NOT SHIP CROSSBOWS TO CANADA NOW I AM CONFUSED HERE....... I THOUGHT CROSSBOWS WERE LEGAL IN CANADA? AFTER ALL THEY ARE MANUFACTURED THERE. WHATS UP?????????
excaliburfanatic you wil come into problems trying to ship firearms (guns) or hunting equipment into Canada. If it is related to guns, they will stop it at the boarder or make you fill out forms for 6 months. But crossbows are not firearms. If you put firearms or something simular to that on the shipping papperwork then you will have trouble getting it across the boarder.

If you are saying that a shipping company is saying that they can't ship a crossbow, then they are just taking the easy route and not really doing their homework on what they can and cannot ship to Canada. Example is with Cabellas. I tried to purchase a Fly Tyeing Kit for my nephew but Cabellas told me that ehy could not ship into Canada (animal parts, the feathers). When I questioned customs they laughed and said that there would be no problem as the package would be sealed, processed and that the feathers would not cause a problem. When told this Cabellas would not care, they actually got snotty and hung up.

IF you really want to to find out, go to the Canadian Cutoms web site and e-mail them or phone them. It might take a while with the e-mail but you will get an answer.

Hope this helps.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
NightTrain

Post by NightTrain »

Tom wrote:
IF you really want to to find out, go to the Canadian Cutoms web site and e-mail them or phone them. It might take a while with the e-mail but you will get an answer.

Hope this helps.
Well said

I had a crosbow shipped to NY for a cross boarder pick-up as I live very close to the states.

I HAD CONTACTED THE CUSTOMS OFFICE BEFORE SHIPPING TO ENSURE EVERYTHING WOULD BE OK.

Sure enough, I claimed my Excal Phoenix for taxes. Thank you very much Sir have a nice day.

A crossbow is just another type of goods. Have the shipper lable item as archery related on waybill to avoid any confusion.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/lukebeaudry/ExcalSig.jpg[/img]
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

Hi...Just make sure that you put down...value...under $60...also ship as GIFT :twisted: ..and you should have no problem...Been there done that..

Hope this helps...BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

Big Bear,
The one I shipped was worth well over $400. I valued & insured it for $400. The postal clerk asked me if I wanted to value it for less to reduce/avoid taxes for the recipiant. I asked her if I valued it at $60. and insured it for $400. would I collect $400. without argument if it were lost or destroyed. She wouldn't answer directly, just mumbled something about "better leave it at $400."
I did consider marking it as being sent (it was an Excal, and had been manufactured in Canada) for repairs and modifications. Don't know if that would work or not?
wabi
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

wabi wrote:Big Bear,
The one I shipped was worth well over $400. I valued & insured it for $400. The postal clerk asked me if I wanted to value it for less to reduce/avoid taxes for the recipiant. I asked her if I valued it at $60. and insured it for $400. would I collect $400. without argument if it were lost or destroyed. She wouldn't answer directly, just mumbled something about "better leave it at $400."
I did consider marking it as being sent (it was an Excal, and had been manufactured in Canada) for repairs and modifications. Don't know if that would work or not?
Hi Wabi...Insurance would add to the value :evil: ..UPS has tried to screw me over a few times..but as it turns out, they owe me money :shock: ..

EG..a package value from the US to Canada worth $300. would cost the receiver about $93 CDN...yup that's being sent as a gift to boot :shock:
This includes brokerage fees..PST..GST as well..having said that your package at $400 would be over the $100 CDN mark for sure...hope this helps Mike...Lou
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Yes Wabi,

It did cost me $60 for taxes at this end but still well worth it in my opinion, seeing as the bow was practically new :D

It took me 3 shots to have the scope zeroed at 20 yards with my scope mounted & have not looked back :wink:

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work