More power in Vixen?!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Swede

More power in Vixen?!

Post by Swede »

I have a problem which maybe someone has a solution to. I live in Sweden and we have this stupid licens demad on crossbows. I have tried to convice the police in giving me a licens for an Exomax. But they just told me I already have two (PointBlanc and Vixen) crossbow licens and that will be enough (atleast for now) :( . The thing that is a licens part is the stock with mechanism. That means I can own as many limb systems I want. My question is now if I can change limb system to get more power? Can I use distances between the riser and the limbs to gain power stroke? It would be great if I could solve this problem this way.
Last edited by Swede on Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digger

Post by Digger »

The only way to increase the power in your Excaliburs is to increase the length of the rail as the limb system for all but the point blanc are the same. Power was upped on the Vixen, Exocet 175 and Exomag 200 by lengthening the rail and with the new forward slanting riser.
Last edited by Digger on Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Swede

Post by Swede »

Maybe I would have more power if I could get hold of a Exomax riser? Well, bstout maybe you are right. But I get so upset about this "bigbrother" behavior and if I can get were I want without them being able to stop me I will be so satisfied :wink:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Swede,
From reading past posts I understand your crossbow is used for target shooting only. For targets, in my opinion, the Vixen is probably the best choice Excalibur offers. It is much easier to c0ck, less string serving wear, and less pressure on the claws that hold the string which equates to a lighter trigger pull. From my experience the Vixen was probably the most consistantly accurate crossbow I've owned. Not saying the others arent accurate, but if you add the human shooter to the accuracy equasion, the less fatigued you become from c0cking & loading, the better you will shoot in general. Under some conditions, such as a gusting wind, the ExoMax might have an advantage, but overall I'd pick the Vixen!
wabi
Tom

Post by Tom »

Swede if I were you I would contact Excalibur and ask them if they have a solution for you.

I believe if I remember correctly you have a newer bow with the forward tilted libs on the riser. It that is the case, then I believe you would just need to purchase a Exomax Rail. I am not sure if the Exomax rail will fit with your riser, but I believe that it could. By contacting Excalibur, they would be able to tell you if what you want to do is feasible or not.

Good luck.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Swede

Post by Swede »

Wabi....I dont wish to get rid of my Vixen. I like my Vixen alot and I will never sell that one. I have never shot this well with any other crossbow so I do recomend the Vixen. But I am also interested in long range shooting and if you wish to do well shooting 100yards(only target shooting)!! or more you need more power. Thats why I wanted the Exomax. But if I can have two limbsystems for my Vixen I will not need to go through the struggle with the police. Would be realy nice to go to competetions with only one crossbow but with the ability to competet in differens classes. Both the classes that have limits on draw weight and the free class.

Tom...I just did what you said. I wrote Excalibur and we will see what they say.

Thank you all for your answers!
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Swede,I can't remember who posted it now offhand,but I know a couple of guys on the forum have had spacers (1"?) machined to go between the end of their rail and the riser to increase the length of the stroke and increase poundage. You might be able to find it with a search or maybe some one will chime in here.

..Al.
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Boy, I sure am glad we don't have justify to the police or goverment why we need to own more than two crossbows. Its hard enough justifying it to my wife. :lol:
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
Swede

Post by Swede »

ALINALBERTA....I think I saw that too. I will try to get a Exomax riser and try somethings. Maybe it works maybe it wont.

buckeye....yes, you guys are very lucky over there. I can tell you they even treat crossbows harder then hunting rifles. I am a hunter and I have never had any trouble with hunting rifles but I have realy had alot of work before I could have my crossbows licens.