exocet 200 2006 model what broadheads you hunt with??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dodgetech

exocet 200 2006 model what broadheads you hunt with??

Post by dodgetech »

i was thinking about trying out my muzzy 100 grainers,,what do ya think what are you using,i hear good about these slick tricks also,,
Rich

Post by Rich »

I just finished shooting Thunderhead 100's, 125's and Muzzy MX-4 100's. The Muzzy's shoot good to 30 yards and then opened up to 6 inches at 40 yards-will not use them. Both Thunderheads shoot fine, I settled with the Thunderhead 100's, I am able to shoot less than 1" groups out to 40 yards.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

slick tricks are supposed to be the best shooting bhead for these high speed bows. The wasp ones that come with it are supposed to be good also.

Ive heard where some love the muzzy's with these bows, but others say they dont group well on bows that shoot 300+fps

Im gonna try my slick tricks next week and hopefully they fly like the fieldpoints do
BOB7255KHZ

Post by BOB7255KHZ »

I'm using 4 blade MUZZY 100.....unscrewed my field points....put on the MUZZY's and hitting BINGO at 30 yards and under.....didn't try 40 or 50 yards.....but not gonna shoot that far .
BOB......Exocet 200
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Im gonna be using the wasp boss broadhead. Heard nothing but good about them, havent shot anything with them yet. Has anyone killed any deer with the wasp boss, iy u did did it make a good hole in the deer? Good penetration?
!!!!!!EXOCET 200!!!!!
gerald

Post by gerald »

I shot a 10 point witha Wasp Boss last year at about eleven yards out of my tree stand. I was using a XX75 2213 aluminum bolt with a 100 grain head. The bow was the Exomax. The bolt went in though the lung and exited below the lung on the offside. I one lunged him. The bolt stuck in a large dead log.That bolt went through so fast I thought I had missed him. The bolt was bent and two of the blades on the Wasp Boss were bent also but that could have been due to the log I don't know for sure. Maybe it was from hitting the ribs. I do know that the deer bled to death fairly quickly and If I had double lunged him he wouldn't have gone quite as far. The head worked and I am going to use another this year.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I've taken two deer using the Wasp heads that came with my Exocet. Both dropped within a few feet of where they were hit. Having said that, I've switched to 100 gr Slick Tricks just because I like new toys. Tom
widowman

Post by widowman »

G5 Montec's, grim reapers, slick tricks and snypers all fly great on GT lazer II's with brass inserts out of my exocet 200 and Tenpoint QX4.

I guess it all depends on what type of head you are most comfortable with; fixed, mechanical or replaceable blade broadheads.