C ' Mere?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

C ' Mere?

Post by crazyfarmer »

asnyone try this stuff in real life hunting areas? They claim its awesome, but the pics and vids I have seen on TV are from areas around water holes on places are farm deer lol. You could put cotton candy out there and they would all show up to lick that :roll:

My friend put some out and we have been to check it and nothing at all has visited it. Its right in the middle of where deer use so i know they pass by it.

anyone else have any luck with it? Im not spending 23-30bucks on this stuff myself lol

im sure its gold on places where deer are like cattle and visit the same areas 15-20 at a time, but in places that only 5-10 deer are its not doing much at all
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Speaking along this line, I realize you see all kinds of junk out there, anything to get your dollar. Some folks will buy anything, just like the tourists when they hit this town.
Have you ever heard of O D O R N I X ?
One guy claims he spit in a Copenhagen can, let it sit in a hot car for 2 days, sprayed it down with this stuff and could smell NOTHING.
What will they think of next ? Marketeers that is. Are we just a bunch dumbarsses when it comes to this stuff. Can you believe half of what anyone tells you ? Any experience with this gimmick ?
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I tried some of the mineral stuff you mix with 5 gallons of water to create a natural mineral licking spot. I tried it twice and have never seen a deer come near it and not any indication that the deer were even interested in it. But I have 150 apple trees that the deer deviored this year. Left me with one apple for me and the wife. They even ate all that fell on the ground.
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps
wabi

Post by wabi »

Over the years I've tried several deer attractants and all had similar results. They didn't attract deer! Even had one product I bought from a dealer who was flooding the hunting forums with the amazing results of his product. I posted it didn't work, so he sent me another bag at no charge to proove it would work and I had not used it properly. I followed his directions carefully, and it still didn't work. :lol:
The secret ingrediant of many of them is NaCl (sodium chloride) known to most of us as salt. I keep a plain old salt block out now. It does get hit by deer, but it doesn't pull in all the deer for miles around as the advertisers would have you believe. I keep it at my food plot/feeder site, and if a deer needs/wants salt it licks it. If it doesn't need/want salt, it doesn't. I've also witnessed a squirrel on the block apparently licking it. It seems to me that all critters (us humans included) need to maintain a certain chemical balance in our bodies. Our body will usually tell us, if we listen. Sometimes (we use little salt in our household) I get a craving for something salty, such as pickles or potato chips. I'm sure deer, squirrels, and other animals do, too. I don't keep a bag of chips or a jar of dill pickles out for them, so they'll have to lick the old salt block. :lol: :lol:
wabi
terry-1

feed

Post by terry-1 »

If you feel the need to buy something that attracts deer a white or brown salt block and a bag of whole corn are about impossiable to beat and cheap to buy. Basic food plot mixes or plain wheat/rye/oats also do a great job. I also have tried all kinds of stuff on the market and it seems every year there is something new out to sell hunters. I think we all go through the stage where we buy all the toys we can to aid or give hope to bag a nice deer. After a few years of that we go backwards and our gear gets more and more basic just going with what has worked over the years.
TScottW

Post by TScottW »

Never used it. With the new law in Virginia I won't be able to. No supplement feed, minerals, salt or attractants can be placed from Sept 1st to Jan 7th.
"A free people ought to be armed."
-George Washington
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

TScottW wrote:Never used it. With the new law in Virginia I won't be able to. No supplement feed, minerals, salt or attractants can be placed from Sept 1st to Jan 7th.

I wast aware of that... I put a few small mineral blocks out about the first of august but those are usually gone by mid sept from the rain. If not, I pick them up myself. I see a few small tracks around them. I was hoping it would help boost antler growth some and they were free anyway 8)

C Mere is the stuff you see on Hank parkers 3d show that comes on the outdoors channel. They show them licking it up in a water hole lol(go figure). Its the only water source the deer have in the middle of a 5000acre block im sure also :roll: Its 23-30bucks for a damn quart!!!!

here is the site with its info http://www.cmeredeer.com/

its just like that deer cocaine stuff im sure :shock:
A.W

Post by A.W »

I put a Sweetlix out last year and when I checked the spot last weekend the hole was about 1 foot deep. Even the cardboard box was gone. I guess they liked it.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
BOB7255KHZ

Post by BOB7255KHZ »

Well I tried " deer cocaine" years ago with fine results. The first application I bought a gallon jug of it.....took about a month for the deer to notice it.....then the ground was torn up for about a 10ft diameter with paw marks in the mud.
At a different location within a a half a mile , I applied the same " stuff" but it came in a see through plastic jar....white crystals that u had to mix with water.....same results.
I recently applied a dose of this "stuff" in yet another location.... this batch came in a plastic bag, white powder to be mixed with water......I will check in a few weeks.
All applications were in a heavy wooded area and placed 10 yards from trails.
BOB
hawg hunter

C mere

Post by hawg hunter »

have not tried this product. but deer cocaine works excellent in my neck of the woods. deer visit the places daily and paw the ground around the sites
BOB7255KHZ

Post by BOB7255KHZ »

OK on the seeds, I'm sure they would work if everything else would leave those tasty seeds for the deer. My dad put out some sort of seed block.....looked like every kind of seed known to man was in it, sealed in a molasses hard block.
Well just about every critter was on it in no time....coons, possums, chipmunks etc.....then the blue jays, doves.... everything was there. It only lasted a few days.....the deer never had a chance at it.
BOB
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the only way I could see a nice buck showing was if a doe in heat was coming there at lick it. Then he would be with her. Where its doe, bucks shouldnt be far off
silentdeath

cmere dere

Post by silentdeath »

i used it last year. worked great mixed up 5 gal inwater soked acorns in it and in 2 days it was all eaten up by deer.
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

last year i did a little experimenting with shelled corn.
when shelled corn was put next to shelled corn with molasses the molasses coated corn was eaten first.

when shelled corn, shelled corn soaked in water 3 days or more, and shelled corn soaked in salt water 3 days or more were placed side by side, the salt soaked corn was eaten first, then soaked corn , then dry. the racoons ate a lot of it as did birds and rabbits and squirrels. the area also became a favorite of owls late afternoon. but the big 8 pointer showed up between 0030 and 0130. someone already stated they didn't get old by being stupid. that was in s.e. north carolina
thanks philip