MONTEC test results

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

MONTEC test results

Post by Rich »

Picked up a pack of Montec G5's to test tonight because of all the positive comments I've heard about the same POI as field tips. The best I could get was a 1.5" difference at 20 yards. At 40 yards it opened up even more, not pleased with them at all. I've ended my quest for the perfect broadhead and will use the Thunderhead 100's, they require a slight 2" adjustment and hold less than a 1" group out to 40 yards. I might be tempted to try the Slick Tricks once Crazyfarmer posts his results. Deer season needs to get here so I stop tinkering with the Exocet.

Rich

Rich
DaveShooter

Re: MONTEC test results

Post by DaveShooter »

Rich wrote:Picked up a pack of Montec G5's to test tonight because of all the positive comments I've heard about the same POI as field tips. The best I could get was a 1.5" difference at 20 yards. At 40 yards it opened up even more, not pleased with them at all. I've ended my quest for the perfect broadhead and will use the Thunderhead 100's, they require a slight 2" adjustment and hold less than a 1" group out to 40 yards. I might be tempted to try the Slick Tricks once Crazyfarmer posts his results. Deer season needs to get here so I stop tinkering with the Exocet.

Rich

Rich
If you can find some Bear Bruin lite 90 grain 1" 3-blade low profile heads with carbon shafts they file like a dream at least 4-me. Taken 5 deer with that set-up and my old faithful exocet 165lb limbsbow.
Hope that helps. I too play around with different combination broadheads.
Always learning something new.
DaveShooter