scope rings on my exocet??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dodgetech

scope rings on my exocet??

Post by dodgetech »

ok im buying a varizone scope and mount so what rings to buy high medium or low??weaver type rings??any links??thanks guys our season is in 5 weeks
Rich

Post by Rich »

Do yourself a favor and call Dan Miller and order them directly from him. I didn't at first, and went through 3 sets before I got it right. The high and medium mounts will effect your scope, you will shoot high at 40 yards and not be able to adjust low enough to hit dead on at 40. I also had a problem with the base being loose in the mount. Dan sells them for about 12-13 bucks, includes shipping. They are the Excal brand and sell for $19.99 at Bass Pro.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

get the excal ones and save yourself some hassle...
dodgetech

dan miller

Post by dodgetech »

how do i get intouch with this dan miller??
GLC

Post by GLC »

I used Weaver Low height rings that I had around from a rifle that I wasn't using. They work and zero at all ranges with my Vari-zone scope. They are VERY low and close to the base. I can just slip a piece of paper between the scope and the scope mount in the center. I have seen the Excalibur rings which look like Tasco brand low rings and they have a slightly larger gap between the mount and scope, but not much more than mine.

As others have indicated above, higher mounts seem to throw off the zeros at farther ranges.
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

Just get the Excal rings...
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Dan Miller
Horizontal Archery
37432 Fifth Avenue
Sardis Ohio
Phone: 740-483-2312

Keep this info handy, Dan is very informative if you have questions or need service.

Rich