Rocco nails possible crossbow record

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UNCLE JOHN'S OUTDOORS

Rocco nails possible crossbow record

Post by UNCLE JOHN'S OUTDOORS »

I was watching Spirit of the Wild this week, when Rocco Nugent, 16 year old son of Ted and Shamane Nugent started putting together his trusty Excalibur crossbow while on safari in South Africa. That did it, my eyes were glued to the screen. Finally a teenage crossbow hunter, fully capable to use any other weapon, but his personal choice was the crossbow. Why because he likes to and thats good enough reason for Rocco or anyone else.

Then as the show progressed, he was on stand by a water hole. A lot of game came in, but Rocco was looking for something special. A beautiful bull Nyala came out of nowhere and when I saw it I said that has to be some kind of a record book animal. Rocco waited for the perfect shot and the bull ran about 30 yards. If you never saw Rocco, think of a 16 year old James Dean (The perfect Crossbow Rebel)...As far as the Nyala it was awsome.

Anyway I contacted the Nuge and Dan Hendricks to see if he shot the new crossbow world record..If not it will most certainly be close. The Trophy is enroute now and I'll keep you informed.

Anyway Rocco certainly set a fine example for all young hunters of any disapline...Hats off for the Kid...Rock on and .....Pass it on.
John Simeone
Louisiana State Director Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America
Louisiana Outdoor Writers Assn.
[email protected]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

edited
Last edited by crazyfarmer on Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
globemountain

Re: Rocco nails possible crossbow record

Post by globemountain »

UNCLE JOHN'S OUTDOORS wrote:....Why because he likes to and thats good enough reason for Rocco or anyone else....
NO BETTER REASON......I'M WITH YA!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I deleted my post since its only gonna cause issues here... im just a different type of hunter
buckbuster

Post by buckbuster »

Yeh same here, i love when Ted or Rocco uses the excals.
Just to let u know, im 16 and i love crossbow hunting. Crossbows is all that i bowhunt with!!!! :twisted:
!!!!!!EXOCET 200!!!!!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

jh45gun wrote:Not trying to start any issues either I was just making the comment we all hunt differently and I see no difference of some one using a water hole instead of bait or attractants. As far as the waterhole goes the Native Americans and I am sure the Canadian ones hunted over water holes as a way of harvesting game so that is nothing new. I would bet the folks that colonized America and Canada hunted over waterholes too. If you prefer a different method that is fine also. :D Since I have become disabled I cannot walk worth a damn on uneven ground anymore so my hunting methods have changed as well. I can legally hunt out of a vehcle and Some may not call it hunting I do not care as long as I can get out and hunt and harvest some deer or other critters I am satisfied. Yea I can get out and hunt the fringes sometimes if it is close and easy walking but my days of way back in the brush are over.
I know whatcha mean man.. no hard feelings are anything here;) But im also sure the early americans werent trophy hunting. They hunted to eat;)

Im glad you can hunt out of a truck now though. Im surprised they letcha do that the way the anal law is. Best of luck this year and post up some biggin pics of you get one;)
UNCLE JOHN'S OUTDOORS

Post by UNCLE JOHN'S OUTDOORS »

Well looks like we do have one for the books, Dan Hendricks is on the case and the mesurements will be in soon.

An over looked thing about hunting from blinds in Africa is you are not the only one hunting. There is a safety factor in hunting from a blind..you almost have to with a bow or crossbow...unless you fancy a Leapard hanging on the back of your neck....
John Simeone
Louisiana State Director Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America
Louisiana Outdoor Writers Assn.
[email protected]