Carbon Express Bolts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Livtahunt

Carbon Express Bolts?

Post by Livtahunt »

does anyone use the carbon express bolts i found them on cabelas and i kno alot of bowhunters who use the carbon express arrows and they seem the hold up well
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

I have tried them they weigh 13.7 grains per inch and stand up well, but they are a lot heavyer than my gold tips at 8.3grains per inch ,and I would have to re sight in if I was to go with them only. GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

GREYWOLF wrote:I have tried them they weigh 13.7 grains per inch and stand up well, but they are a lot heavyer than my gold tips at 8.3grains per inch ,and I would have to re sight in if I was to go with them only. GREYWOLF
grey, are those the ones you redo with the brass inserts? If so, those carbon express ones should drop like bricks after 30 yards.
BigBear

Re: Carbon Express Bolts?

Post by BigBear »

I shoot them :D ...very tough, and fly great..I find them to be better than the gold tips as well.
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

They look tough, but the FOC with aluminum inserts is around 7%. That's OK with field points for 3D, but a tad too low for broadheads.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

ComfyBear wrote:They look tough, but the FOC with aluminum inserts is around 7%. That's OK with field points for 3D, but a tad too low for broadheads.
Hi CB :D ....went out today to sight in with some 125gr slick tricks....never seen any bolt fly the same or better...as for me..i'm sticking to this setup i have...heck works great for me :wink:

BTW..the rear inserts I use are carbon...which helps the FOC :)
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Hi back to you BB. I too have the Carbon Express with carbon rear nocks. Initially they were moon nocks, but I ground them down flat. With 5" vanes and a 125 gr. broadhead they weigh in at about 455 gr. and the FOC is about 7%.

They fly consistently at 15yds., but the true test will be at 30 and 40 yds.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

ComfyBear wrote:Hi back to you BB. I too have the Carbon Express with carbon rear nocks. Initially they were moon nocks, but I ground them down flat. With 5" vanes and a 125 gr. broadhead they weigh in at about 455 gr. and the FOC is about 7%.

They fly consistently at 15yds., but the true test will be at 30 and 40 yds.
Hi again CB :D ..did the testing out to 50yds :twisted: ...they fly great pal...did'nt check out the FOC..but from my testing, there's no need too :twisted: ..your more than welcome to a few hunts...we got some tags in the mail today :D ...regards..your friend Lou :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
TYE

Post by TYE »

I thought about trying the Carbon Express bolts, but I dunno.... I'm not sure about them.

They do look pretty bad-ass with the red and black vanes though.
devilsedge

Post by devilsedge »

Hey BB & CB how it going, I have 6 of the Carbon Express Bolts for this year as well I have them set up with the 5" vanes and 100gr Spitfires they are waying in at 425gr with an FOC of between 9-10%. With this set up they are flying just like my 2216 with field points, I have the same point of contact out to 40 yards. I have also done some paper testing with the spitfires and out of the 10 shots I tested none of them opend in flight.

I am shooting the Exomag with the Varizone scope. I can't wait until October 1st, I have 4 tags this year so we will have to see what the season brings.
shoot straight stay late.