got some extra money and bought everything cant wait

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dodgetech

got some extra money and bought everything cant wait

Post by dodgetech »

on my excalibur exocet bought everything the scope package varizone now to set it up cant wait,,i got 700.00 into this now..
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I saved about 200bucks and peiced mine together.. I was lucky and got my exocet200 new off ebay for only 300bucks 8)
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Man, I wish I was one of you guys. My exocet and right stuff package cost me just over $900. I seem to have an incredible nack of making big purchases the year before a new model comes out that blows mine out of the water. It happened with the knight I bought last year. I hope it doesn't happen with my excal because it will be a long time till I can save up that kind of money again.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
NightTrain

Post by NightTrain »

LV2HNT wrote:Man, I wish I was one of you guys. My exocet and right stuff package cost me just over $900. I seem to have an incredible nack of making big purchases the year before a new model comes out that blows mine out of the water. It happened with the knight I bought last year. I hope it doesn't happen with my excal because it will be a long time till I can save up that kind of money again.
Remember, what ever youre hunting doesnt really care what you have in your hands. If it works, dont over think it :wink:
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/lukebeaudry/ExcalSig.jpg[/img]
BrianV

Post by BrianV »

Well said Nighttrain!! All they should be thinking is "damn, mosquito's are big today", then "wtf??"

BrianV
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

LV2HNT wrote:Man, I wish I was one of you guys. My exocet and right stuff package cost me just over $900. I seem to have an incredible nack of making big purchases the year before a new model comes out that blows mine out of the water. It happened with the knight I bought last year. I hope it doesn't happen with my excal because it will be a long time till I can save up that kind of money again.
I take you bought a revolution also? I bought one with the SS barrel and laminated stock. Its a awesome package. It trips me out that TC says there encore is easier to clean also :roll: You cant get any faster or easier :twisted:
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Good advice nighttrain, I always tell myself that but I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to hunting and all of the cool gadgets that are coming out next. I want it all but can't afford it, wich may be a blessing in diguise because most of it isn't worth the money anyway.

Crazyfarmer, I have been on a quest to make a shotgun or muzzle loader that can shoot 200 yards, so I can be one up on all of the rest of the hunters where I go. Last year, I got the night Master Hunter with stainless barrel and laminate and synthetic stocks and a big scope. It realy is beautifull but the jury is still out as to how far it will reach. I have to try some new bullets if I get the time. I am too busy working to pay everything off and my leave is for hunting. This year they came out with the Knight LRH (long range hunter). Sounds perfect but I can't do it, too much $$$. I wish I had waited for this year and it would have worked out great. And as far as my shotgun. I can't find a slug barrel with enough twist to handle the super high velocity slugs out now. They all shoot like crap out of my Hastings barrel.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Rich

Post by Rich »

LV2HNT,

I see you refer to vacation time as leave and your profile says Broadcast Maint Tech, are you in the Navy (IC).

Rich