PROBLEM SIGHTING IN SCOPE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aspire30

PROBLEM SIGHTING IN SCOPE

Post by aspire30 »

I'm using the Horton crossbow scope on my Phoenix my 20 yd shot and 30 yd shots are fine my 40 shoots high and right several inches any advice to fix issue?? Didn't try any further didn't want to lose my arrow. Thanks Ed
[email protected]
Everyone Needs A TeddyBear
{~._.~}
_( Y )_
(:_~8~_:)
(_)-(_)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not sure, but I believe Hortons shoot a heavier arrow which might account for the elevation difference. Can't answer why it would be going right, though. If you're shooting a broadhead it might be planing?
wabi
widowman

Post by widowman »

There is not much you can do if the arrow is right on at 20 and 30, but high at 40. I would just figure out the distance that your 3rd crosshair (40 yard) shoots.

As far as shooting right it could be a couple of things. It may be that the scope is just off a little and at 20 and 30 yards you don't notice it. It could also be that the limbs are not level and your crosshairs are not in alignment. For right handed shooters, trigger pull issues can cause impacts to the right.

As with all shooting, problems are magnified at longer distances.

best of luck.
BigBear

Re: PROBLEM SIGHTING IN SCOPE

Post by BigBear »

aspire30 wrote:I'm using the Horton crossbow scope on my Phoenix my 20 yd shot and 30 yd shots are fine my 40 shoots high and right several inches any advice to fix issue?? Didn't try any further didn't want to lose my arrow. Thanks Ed
[email protected]
Hi Ed...at 40yds...try to shoot between the 30-40yd markers on your scope..this should work out for you..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

widowman wrote: For right handed shooters, trigger pull issues can cause impacts to the right.

you are right about that;) If I pull a shot, its always to the right about 2-3inches :wink:
Rich

Post by Rich »

I had the same scope on my Exocet prior to putting the Vari-zone on. Nothing you can do about the elevation. My Exocet shot 20/35/48 yards. I guess the lines are set up for a Horton and my Exocet shot flatter. Shooting to the right could be as stated previously, your scope could be tweeked slightly left and it shows up at longer ranges. Easiest way to fix it, buy a Vari-zone.

Rich
widowman

Post by widowman »

Also make sure that the scope is not mounted off axis.

If the scope if not mounted properly, even a level wont help.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

got a new vari-zone, fantastic, 3 arrows in 2&1/2 in at 20 yds, shot at 50 yds same 3 in a 2&1/2 in circle. also dropped some weight off of nock end of bolts, i cut 1/4 in off of insert I am using for my nock, it now weights 18 gr and still some threads so i can remove if i need to. shooting a Vixen. Hawk