Tag costs for you?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ALINALBERTA

Tag costs for you?

Post by ALINALBERTA »

What does it cost for you to buy hunting tags in your province or state? I am curious about your resident cost,not out of province or state.
In Alberta,we are required to have a WIN card (wildlife ident. no.) which is $8.00 and good for five years. A wildlife cert. is required yearly,$24.35, it is $33.25 per tag for whitetail,mule,elk and moose. A bow permit is $8.50 which is not required for crossbow since it is only allowed during rifle season. Our young hunters under 18 get a good break,their wildlife cert. and whitetail and mule deer tags are $7.75 each.
I would like to compare costs just for the heck of it, so fire away if you wish :!:

..Al.
grappledad

Post by grappledad »

In Indiana, a deer tag runs just under 25 dollars. A youth lic. runs @7.50 that covers everything huntable. I have a lifetime comp. that's good for everything huntable.They don't sell those anymore , I paid 525. for it a long time ago.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Here in Missouri its 19.00 for our Archery tag. That get us two deer and two Fall turkey. Small game with fish tag is another 20.00 Not sure what it is for firearms deer or turkey tag. Thats the nice thing about my Exocet. There's no need for me to mess with all hunters in the woods during firearms season. I have the woods all to myself for the most part.
grndhntr

Post by grndhntr »

Here in Colorado, elk tags are $49, bear is $44, deer is $34, pronghorn is $34, small game is $21, turkey tags are $21 for spring and $16 for fall. these include a $3 application fee except for turkey tags and small game. Moose, sheep-desert and bighorn, and mountain goat tags are too expensive!
grndhntr

Post by grndhntr »

Oh yeah, these prices in Colorado are for one animal (exc. small game), if you get a second tag, you pay the same price again.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Here in the dear old Tarheel State, an annual Resident Sportsman's License is $60, and for that, you get:

6 deer
2 turkey
2 wild boar
1 bear
All small game
All upland game
All migratory waterfowl
All fishing, including designated mountain trout streams, coastal, and ocean
Access to State Game Lands
HIP certification

Some deal, huh? I don't even pay that anymore, and haven't for 10 years. I have a Lifetime Sportsman's Comprehensive License.

Don't need a license at all on your own land, if I remember right.

Sadly, they're going to start charging extra for a "Coastal Recreational Fishing License" soon, except for Lifetime License holders.

Also, heretofore, it's been legal to fish with natural bait in your county of residence without a license, but they're changing that soon too.

I don't think of our charges as "cheap" ... but rather reasonable. No one should have to spend a fortune to hunt and fish, and I'm glad NC realizes it. Our non-resident fees are some of the most reasonable in the nation, too. We don't ream the visitor like many other states do.

Grizz
Grizz
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Not sure for everything but 35 a piece for deer tags in Ontario.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

To hunt in Ontario most residents need an Outdoor Card (used to attach stickers/licence to) good for 3 years $6

Licences/tags as follows:
  • Moose - $43 + $3 if applying by phone
    Deer - $36 Additional tag(s) $36 ($21.50 Farmer on own land) + $3 by phone.
    Bear - $36
    Small Game - $19
    Racoon at night - $ 17.50)
    If using a dog to hunt for any of the above species - $10.25

Turkey - $22.50 ($22.50 for one aditional tag) a Small Game Licence is needed to make this licence valid
Migratory Birds (Ducks, geese, coots and rails) - A Federal Stamp (Post Office) is needed. - $????
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
exocet

Post by exocet »

Pennsylvania:

$20.00 General Liscence
$16.00 Archery
$11.00 Muzzleloader
$3.00 Migratory Bird
$6.00 a peice for Antlerless Deer Tags

I don`t get a Bear tag.

For $20.00 you get a chance at a Buck/Spring and Fall Turkey/Small Game/Dove and Predators and Crows.

Jack.