100 gr. Sonic broadhead hunting performance?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ninepointer

100 gr. Sonic broadhead hunting performance?

Post by ninepointer »

Like a few others around here, I recieved my free Sonic broadhead in the mail, and I'm thinking of giving them a try on deer. A quick keyword search on this forum reveals a number of testimonials about how well the Sonics fly and about how tough these heads are, but I haven't found much on how they have actually performed on deer.

Has anyone shot deer with the Sonics, how did these broadhead perform?
Thanks.

Ninepointer
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ninepointer,

I've seen them used on a few hunting shows and they all raved about them. How did you get the free broadhead, I was wanting to try them but I've racked up about $100 in broadheads already just to shoot them and find out they didn't fly as advertised.

Rich
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Rich,

I'm not sure if the free offer is still on, but for details go to:

http://www.americanbroadhead.com

Ninepointer
terry-1

sonics

Post by terry-1 »

I shot two deer last fall using sonic 85gr heads. As you know the sonic head is super compact has to be on of the smallest broadheads on the market as far as overall size and 1" cut. As expected it flew perfect when sighing on my exocet as there's not much there to cause wind planeing. The broadheads stayed intact with no damage after passing through two big bucks and a 200lb wild hog last fall. Overall I think they are pretty good broadheads you could buy alot worst broadhead designs.
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I filled out the form for the free one as well but have not received it as of yet. Hopefully it is coming. Their web site does say they have dropped the free broadhead promotion as they had over 11,000 requested! :shock:

..Al.
terry-1

Sure

Post by terry-1 »

I am sure I would have had one for me, every person in my family and a few friends. That would give me around a dozen heads no need to buy any for another year or two! :D
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Yesterday I was speaking with a guy who has killed more deer with bow and crossbow than anyone else I know. As it turns out, last fall he tried the Sonic 100's for the first time. Using a crossbow he killed 3 deer with the Sonics and he was amazed at the effectiveness of these broadheads. Keep in mind that this fellow is an experienced bow hunter and that his shot placement was where it should be. Here are his oberservations:

- All 3 deer died within sight.
- All 3 shots were complete pass-throughs.
- 2 deer left a very heavy blood trail.
- The last deer didn't leave a blood trail; it left a blood pool because it dropped where it stood.

Here's one curious observation my buddy had (this could be considered good or bad :? ). Like most archers, he likes to recover his arrows/bolts after a pass-through shot. In the case of the Sonics, he wasn't able to recover any of his crossbow bolts. They were nowhere to be found; likely buried somewhere in the forest floor. This led my buddy to believe that the bolts were still carrying a lot of energy after they went through the deer.

Ninepointer