varizone scope just got it mounted and on my exocet now what

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dodgetech

varizone scope just got it mounted and on my exocet now what

Post by dodgetech »

im used to horton scope with the elevation bars which i liked can somebody explain to me about the varizone scope please and why its so great?it would have beenb nicer if the crosshairs were all the way across,,
awshucks

v-zone

Post by awshucks »

Congrats on getting the best xbow scope made, imho. What makes the v-zone so much better than your Horton, is the fact that it will put you right on the money from 10-50 yds, no matter which bow or arrow setup you choose to use. Your Horton had fixed aim points that were generaly in the ball park, but still needed some hold over or under depending on how far you went from their preset ideas. Where the duplex thins above the xhair will be your 10 yd aimpoint, the xhairs 20, and each small triangle another 10 yds each. Just sight the scope w/ xhairs dead on at 20, move to 30, and get your elevation correction by turning the speed ring, which is graduated in fps. If you're hitting low, turn it clockwise just a bit and try again. Once you are on at 30, the 40 and 50 will be right on too. Amazing, huh? I have one on each of my three xbows and they work flawlessly. Have fun!! Btw: my buddy has a like new Horton xbow scope and if you aren't happy w/ v-zone, I'm sure he would swap ya!
"Eze 18:21"
dodgetech

ttt

Post by dodgetech »

the directions with the scope say to use the elevation/horizontal clicks to adjust,,did say anthing about using the speed ring?i have my exocet and the scope at 320fps
Digger

Post by Digger »

set your speed ring at 320 once you've used the elev, and windage knobs to sight in at 20 yds. I've set a dozen varizones up and that the way to do it.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
dodgetech

well

Post by dodgetech »

i was shooting it tonight ,the bow says 330fps but i had it on 320 sighting it in and at 20 yards i put 5 in a tight group,vvery sweet now i guess its on for 30/40/50 too??just use the following arrows ehhhhhh..i gotta admit guys its a little louder and alittle bit longer than my old horton but i like her alot better.
crazyfarmer

Re: well

Post by crazyfarmer »

dodgetech wrote:i was shooting it tonight ,the bow says 330fps but i had it on 320 sighting it in and at 20 yards i put 5 in a tight group,vvery sweet now i guess its on for 30/40/50 too??just use the following arrows ehhhhhh..i gotta admit guys its a little louder and alittle bit longer than my old horton but i like her alot better.
No, the 20yard main CH will be dead on no matter what when you get the left/right and up/down rings right. Then shoot at 30yards with the arrow right below the main crosshair. Put that dead center on the target. If the shot is low, then move your FPS ring back to say 315. No matter what you main CH will stay dead on. All it does by turning that speed ring is play with the zoom. The farther you turn the ring back to 300fps, the smaller the triangles are in the scope, making the raise the bow up to hit the same spot.

recap: If it shoots low at 30, move the speed ring back to 315 and try. If its still low, move it to say 310. Then your 40 and 50 should be very close also. Give it a try and remember, you wont mess up the 20yard CH by moving it.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Yes once your sighted in at 20 and 40 yds you should be on at 10 to 50 yds.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
saxman

Vari Zone

Post by saxman »

My Vari Zone was on right out of the box.
Havent used BH'S yet but Wow what a scope
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dsr

Post by dsr »

I have an older Exomag--about 12 -14 years old . At first I had a Pronghorn scope on it and it was great.It had better light gathering than the varizone that I put on several years ago.My vari was pretty much dead on for distance when out of the box.I adjusted the left-right as needed but what in the heck is the FPS ring? I've never adjusted that. Matter of fact I didn't even know that there was one until I read about it in this discussion.Thanks for any info .Have a great season and stay safe.
If you are still alive your mission here on Earth must not be completed.

Old rock hounds never die.They just slowly petrify.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the ring next to the eyepeice that has markings like 300, 325 and etc on it:-P

it has a flat head screw that you tighten to set it, lossen it and you just turn the ring to move the fps setting around
dsr

Post by dsr »

Thanks CF I'll go and take a look. Ishouldn't have to use it as my set up works great.
If you are still alive your mission here on Earth must not be completed.

Old rock hounds never die.They just slowly petrify.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

dsr wrote:Thanks CF I'll go and take a look. Ishouldn't have to use it as my set up works great.
welcome, your scope should have it. But if its dead on I wouldnt play with it any. All it does is make the triangle crosshairs in your scope bigger or smaller. The smaller they are, the more you raise the bow and of coarse shoot higher.

Mines right on 305ish since I shoot 440gr bolts and my fps is around 300 roughly

if you shoot the stock GT2's then I think most have theirs on 315-320