Schick Injector Razor Blades?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rwk

Post by rwk »

Bstout when i was a apprentice back in the 60"s i silver soldered shick injector blades onto bear heads ( did not like there inserts) got my first deer with the bow the next day. If you want sharp thats the way to go. Rich
WRC

Injector Blades

Post by WRC »

Yes, they were injector blades. I remember using them with great sucess.
I guess that tells you how old i am. LOL
Roy
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I'm trying to get this straight. Do you mean regular razor blades as in for shaving? If so,I have never heard of such a thing. I would love to see a picture of them if you get a chance, Bstout.

..Al.
BOB VANDRISH

Shick Injector Blades

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Bob,I am old enough to remember those,and you can source them by going to Google,or else find them on ebay.
Right now,there are 18 listings for Shick Injector Blades.
I remember the shape,and they do look as if they could be used as a substitute blade in a broadhead.
Good luck,
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bob,
I quit using the old wasp broadheads right after my fingers healed up enough to put them away. (You did NOT want to let one slip through your fingers!!!!) Never even felt the cut, just was instantly covered in blood! As I recall they used injector blades, but to use regular shaving type injector razor blades you had to put them in a vise & break them at an angle to fit in the head????? A good friend of mine put one through a P&Y book buck using a 50# Red Wing Hunter when they first came out. I tried them, but soon went back to my old Bear Razorheads. Always have been a little slow to change what works. :lol:
wabi
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Thanks for the picture,Bstout. Another question though,how do the blades lock in place :?: Can't figure that out either.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

ALINALBERTA wrote:Thanks for the picture,Bstout. Another question though,how do the blades lock in place :?: Can't figure that out either.
Not very well.

They used to have a band around them.

More like a small wire key holder.

They were notorious for shucking their blades when they hit bone- any bone, even ribs.

I would NOT shoot one at any animal for any amount of money.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
TYE

Post by TYE »

I thought the idea of bowhunting was to kill the deer, not give it a free shave. :P