first blood with exocet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

caucious clay

first blood with exocet

Post by caucious clay »

I was waiting for a whitetail to come by this past saturday morning when someone went crazy with a high powered rifle about three hundred yards across the woods. Rifle season isn't in yet so I was wondering what the heck was going on down there. Well about two minutes later I heard limbs crashing and all hell breaking loose and here came about twenty feral hogs be-bopping down through the woods. Okay they stop right under my stand. Since I've never seen any of these while Hunting I wasn't sure where to shoot at one. I didn't even know there were any around here. I did remember from shooting tournements with my compound that the kill zone seemed to be a little far back on the targets. There was a great big one about ten yards in front of me and I had an open neck shot so I took It. the arrow hit right where I shot and the hog ran off squealing. then more shots and more hogs come by. These things can really smell cause they were trailing the first bunch. When they left I climbed down and got my arrow out of the ground.It was a pass-through but there was no blood on the arrow. Only what felt like fat. Well I went to where I last saw him run and then I started finding blood.Then lot's of blood. I followed the blood trail about a mile and he was bleeding like a stuck Pig. [Ha ha.] then the blood trail got lighter and lighter and finally dried up. I guess the neck shot wasn't too smart. Anyone out there have an Idea as to where to shoot these things with an arrow? also will they come back or do they just wander around the woods. I went back there yesterday and they have the bottom tore up.I can see where they could become a nuisance quickly.
women and cat's will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.-ROBERT A. HEINLEIN
hawg hunter

wildhogs

Post by hawg hunter »

i've killed numerous hogs with all kinds of weapons. they are a big nusance to the farmers in my area . the best shot with a bow or crossbow is broadside low behind the shoulder. wild hogs can get very dangerous when they are wounded. give them plenty of time after the shot. now , they very habitual they are easily baited by digging a shallow hole near your stand and put some sour corn in the hole. scatter some around on the ground if legal.cover the hole with rocks or large pieces of wood if these are moved in few days. then repeat they will continue to visit the site as long as you bait. commercia baits work well but can get pricey.