Home Made portable stands

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RyanB

Home Made portable stands

Post by RyanB »

Hey all- I was out this week looking for a new stand/stands for my brother and I, and I got to thinking...My brother is a fabricator and I am a jack of all trades sort of guy...im sure we could built 3 or 4 for the price of a new one!

Does anyone know of a good set of plans for a steel or aluminum stand portable? We can both weld aluminum so we will probably make them out of that. I would like something real simple and it doesn't even have to have a seat on it. In the past I have seen pictures of just a platform with a hinged V that angles down to the truck and locks it tight to the tree. Anyone seen this style? or know of any others like this or any for that mater?

Thanks in advance...RyanB
wabi

Post by wabi »

wabi
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

yeah I searched thru some posts and I saw that post also, nice stand! but I was hopeing to find something simpler than that. I would like something...simple platform (no seat) that would weight next to nothing and could carry into remote locations for a mornings hunt and if I like the area...leave it there and not worry about having much invested if it were to get legs...I also hunt with portable strap on ladders.

I have seen one pic of exactly what I am wanting to do but unfortunatly can't remember where I saw it at.

Ryan
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

Ryan,I've got a couple of decades expierence of metal fabrication also and when I make something for myself like the stand you want to make I get ideas from products that work and use their dimensions and add my own ,hopefully better,input to it.Like making the seat small to just lean back on and lean forward to be ready for action[example].

I'm sure between the both of you you've already got some ideas.Just draw it out for clarification and hit the shop!! :)