Who's hunting and what is your set up in Ohio Saturday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

Who's hunting and what is your set up in Ohio Saturday

Post by BryanOney »

Since Ohios bow season opens Saturday, and it looks like it will be cool this weekend, I thought I might go hunting. I have been a football coach for years so I usually do not get to start hunting till late Oct. I am just starting to learn about hunting food sources. For me it has been all about funnels during the rut for years. I have a place where I can hunt in the evening if there is a west wind. At this location deer are feeding on clover coming up through wheat stuble. I have another spot where deer are feeding pretty heavily on white oak acorns on the inside corner of a field making a pretty nice funnel. Could probably hunt this in the morning or evening with a south or east wind. Who else is hunting the Ohio opener this Saturday and what is your set up.
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

I'll wait 2 more weeks before I go out then hit it till after our rut.I hunt the apple orchards now and approx. the 1st. of November the apples will have been eaten up and by then I have a good idea of the dcurent deer travel routes and hunt the funnels/scrapes for the rut.

I'll hunt just buck with my one tag and save it for a good shot on 2+ year old.If no success by Thanksgiving I'll back off th hunt the first day of firearm with my Dad.

I would say for ya to be ready with your best spot from Halloween on!!!Good Luck :wink:
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

I will be out fer sure 15 ft ladder stands over corn cant wait!!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Well Im in Pa. which is close. Our opener too. Ill set up Saturday morning in a natural ground blind where deer are heading toward bedding grounds or pushed to when pressure moves them. In the evening Ill hunt an Acorn ridge but dont have much faith in that place yet as it gets plenty of pressure early.
Both places are natural ground blinds of jaggers and blowdowns.

Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!
Scout

Post by Scout »

I'm heading out Saturday myself. First year using a x-bow, and I can't wait.
I've seen lots of sign in my area, with soybeans looking like the crop of choice.

Good luck!
Many blessings for my fellow sojourners upon the awakened trail