My X-Bow Horror Story, Whats yours?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

My X-Bow Horror Story, Whats yours?

Post by saxman »

I got into X-Bow's by luck of the draw.
I am a Buckmasters member and won the top prize on the August 3rd drawing , a 2006 Jennins/Bear SQ 32 bow.
However. The bow was right handed and I shoot Left and to make matters worse I have a disability and cannot shoot vertical equipment.
So when the new bow arrived I took it to a large sporting goods store in my area to trade for a crossbow and they saw me coming so to speak.I had not done my homework and it showed and man did I take a beating.
The Bear bow was state of the art and I left with a Barnett Quad 400 to show for the trade.I thought i was getting nice equipment untill I started to do my research on this and other fourms. I began looking at the bow and it's accsesories and noticed the scope was crooked and that it was put on with mis matched USED rings,so back to the store I went,this time I got rings for an air gun,still not right.I then looked at the bolts,all different with mis matched points.As I inspected the bow it just looked like a toy and not well made.I got nervous about it and decided to sell it and get the ExoMax.Best decision I ever made.I got an e mail from the buyer last week and on the 3rd shot the Barnett exploded,parts went everywhere,He was not hurt and Barnett is fixing the bow but what will he have when it's done?A fixed toy.
Cheap or substandard equipment is not safe at any speed.
What is your story?
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
awshucks

xbow horror story

Post by awshucks »

I ordered a Quad 400 from Cabelas, then heard about Excals accuracy, so ordered an Emax the next day. the big brown van brought them both the same day. Never opened the Barnett box, was going to send it back to Cabelas. A buddy came over and offered to pay me what I had in it. So, there we were out in my shop shooting them side by side. I'm ruining arrows at 30 w/ the Emax and he can't get a 3" group at 20 w/ Quad. The best thing we did was try a 357 gr stock Excal in the Bnett, as that sucker blew up, there were strings, cables, wheels and limbs all over the shop floor. We sent the Bnett back to Cabelas and he got an Excal and is still my friend, but had I shot the Bnett and still sold it to him.... lol lol. there is no substitute for quality, and you can't have too many Excals! I got three now.
"Eze 18:21"
gad

Post by gad »

Bought in the past a chinese xbow, "kantas" I think was the brand, a "180" pounds model.
To be honest, I am impressed with the thoughness of the xbow, but it suffers too much in quality and the bolt is really slow too much (about 200 fps) I think.

Now with two excals (one exocet 175 and one exomaX) I am more than happy.

I still have that "kantas" xbow, anyone wants to buy it? Best offer takes it!
:lol:
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
duber

Post by duber »

I bought one of those crappy Barnets (used).Third shot and pieces went everywere!Fixed and sold at a loss and bought a brand new exocet.No looking back now :lol: I bought the exocet cause I liked the way it "felt".I never found this board till after I bought it.I was very reasured of my purchase after 5 min. on here.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

and the point of all the stories is, if you want quatily get Excal :lol:
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Wow, just reading through all these. Was expecting some Excalibur horror stories, bows getting destroyed, etc.

You guys definitely all have common ground. Buying other brands first and all eventually realizing Excal is the most reliable bow on the market.

I can't believe the Barnetts would just blow into pieces like that. :shock:

My only horror story is dry-firing my Exocet. No harm done, just scared the $h!t outta me. :lol:

Anyone have any Excalibur horror stories? I doubt there would be too many.

Jay
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

if dryfire counts as an horror story, i've had 2 :oops: :lol: :lol:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Only ever owned an Excalibur, so I have no horror stories :wink: . My buddy bought a horton last year and it still is holding together fine...........granted he's never shot it :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I just recovered from my worst of worst! About 7 or 8 years ago I won an Exocet 200 at a Wild Turkey Banquet. Dan Miller from Horizontal Archery in Sardis OH just did a fantastic job of putting on a scope and quiver and also set it up with a CrankARoo since I am in a wheelchair and can't cock them using legs. Well like an absolute idiot I went through a period of time when I wasn't hunting much and sold the whole thing to my son-in-law for $400. Well I just got done replacing that bow with a similarly equiped Phoenix and had to lay out $725 {{Ouch}}
Oh well, I am once again equipped with the best and I'm getting ready to arrow my first deer of the year. I saw six tonight but the 8 pt buck didn't come any closer than 40 yards so I let it go. I feel as though 30 yards is about my max.

Scott I listened to your website and I think you are a great musician. Hope you find a kidney soon.

DrDan
saxman

Post by saxman »

Thanks DrDan,I love to play.
Maybe that 8 point will move in a little closer next time.
I'm going to Michigan next month and I hope to take my first deer
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

Only one horror story for the Excalibur.
My wife found out what I paid for it. :lol:
Oh well, at my age sex isn't everything anyway. :wink:
wabi