Doghouse working just fine.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pphoenix

Doghouse working just fine.

Post by pphoenix »

Last spring on the turkey opener took the doghouse out for the first time and got a nice turkey out of it. Yesterday i put it up for a friend that wanted to take his son with him and 5-10 minutes into the season he shot a doe with his exomax at less than 20 yds, that sad thing was that after looking for it for 3 and half hours, we still couldn't find her, never did find her. :cry:

Our day started good, after watching the 2 does walk from about 100 yds straight at the doghouse and then turn broadside, my friend shot the closest doe with his exomax and brand new rocket head 100, i never even saw the deer from where i was located, at around 8:00 am we started to look for her. The problem was that we could not find the bolt, blood and we lost her tracks, because she went into water. Then other other ran for a little bit and then stood there blowing at us.
on our way to lunch we ran into a conservation officer that was really nice to us. In the afternoon i saw two deer(does)that almost ended up going into the doghouse, but got scared by some people making noise on the next property, i was always to far from them were i was sitting, the worst was that they walked right under my treestand when they left, i just wasn't there. Just before dark seen a 4 point buck about 100 yds away that never moved from the same spot.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

u cant beat it for the money... I cant wait to take my 5 year old girl in my brickhouse this year. Im gonna wait untill a good frost before taking her cause if she comes home with ticks and bug bites the woman of the house wont let her go again LMAO
exokidd

Post by exokidd »

did you shoot right through the windows?
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

exokidd wrote:did you shoot right through the windows?
it was my blind, but it wasn't me in there, it was a friend. the mesh was off

I usually don't have the mesh on, i beleive the trick is to keep all but one of the windows closed, keep it dark in there. i have them all a little open so that i can see everywhere and one completely open to shot from. one of the smaller ones not the bigger ones.
exokidd

Post by exokidd »

i just bought one for this year...looking forward to getting out of the rainy mornings inside and reading a good book, and waiting....
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Are they waterproof? I just ordered a Stackhouse since I gotta get in with a wheelchair. Just curious about them being waterproof.

DrDan
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

exokidd wrote:i just bought one for this year...looking forward to getting out of the rainy mornings inside and reading a good book, and waiting....
they are not 100% waterproof, last spring while turkey hunting i sat in it for about 4 rainy hours straigth and it does drip on the stitchings, i can remember who it was but someone else suggested to open up a garbage bag above the two roof rods. I didn't get wet but it dripped inside in a couple of spots.