with all the leaves still on the trees...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Allan

with all the leaves still on the trees...

Post by Allan »

is it harder to track the deer? Also, there are still a lot of bugs around, especially when the sun is out, what do you guys do about the bugs?

By mid October when the season opens here, all the leaves drop within a week and bugs/mosquitoes are but a summer memory.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

The frequency of biting insects is more a consequence of the stimulation by blood sucking politicans in Ottawa. The smell of blood really get those little biters going. I think it is more an Eastern Ontario event.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

red shows better on green than brown, but the floor of the forest stays brown anyway, just has some growth that blood tends to splatter on which helps tracking

more growth also equals better camo for you 8)
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I was just up to Maine bear hunting and several guys had them little gadgets that have the insert that burns and keeps mosquitos away. Everyone thought they were great and kept the mosquitos away. I was too darn busy killing bear to mess around with them (lol). Saw bear day one, day two and killed a 250# sow on day three. Only 25% of the hunters saw bear so I feel blessed with my luck. Hope it holds into deer and turkey season.

DrDan