i would like everyones help plzz

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shawn001

i would like everyones help plzz

Post by Shawn001 »

ok here it is i have alot of ppl in my life and im in a wheelchair and im wanting a crossbow a excal

so i would like you guys to help me explane the the difs between the compound bow vs recurve and why excal is so much more vs barnett and horton and the up keep of a compound
thax Shawn
saxman

Post by saxman »

First of all
WELCOME
In my opinion the dif is simlpisity.
There is less to go wrong with the recurve xbow.
Less weight.less noise,less maintanance and much more quality with the Excalibur.If you have string trouble with the compound it's off to the pro shop,with the excal you put your extra string on right there and continue the hunt. The trigger pull on the excal is great as is the metal work and camo detail. The speed is second to none (ExoMax)To me It's the best.
Make an investment in quality equipment right off the bat,you wont be sorry
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

A-1 Service. Little or nothing can go wrong. More moving parts = more problems and will cost more to fix. Accuracy is another factor, with me anyway.... hope that helps
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

If you can find a Paradox you won't be dissapointed.Sure theres more parts but it's an Excalibur,it's the best.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Shawn
I am also in a wheelchair (not wheelchair bound or tied to a wheelchair but just use one) and I have an Excalibur Phoenix. I got the Phoenix since it has darn near as much power as the bigger ones but is a little shorter in the limbs and easier for a WC person to haul around and use. I have no muscle control from nipples down so can't use legs to cock the bow so I have the CrankARoo and it is a piece of cake. In fact it cocks the bow without any error in bringing the string straight back. I was shooting with a guy the other night who had a Horton and it was all over the target. I don't think he was bringing the string straight back each time. Anyhow, I love the Phoenix - only thing I don't like about it is the price tag but I got the bow the right stuff accessory package with scope and the CrankARoo all for $725 new. I had an Exocet 200 a few years ago and like a fool I sold it and had to replace it. Don't ever sell it once you get one. You'll love it!

DrDan
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

new paradox wrote:If you can find a Paradox you won't be dissapointed.Sure theres more parts but it's an Excalibur,it's the best.
Well can't argue much with that, Image
however as compound xbows go I will keep my TenPoint Stealth X2, not that I would turn down a GOOD BUY on a Paradox :twisted:

BlueTooth tech., love it!!!! :roll: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: Each to their own but I own and EXOCET and love it! If it ain't broken then don't fix it! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Shawn most everyone has already touched on the basics on the differances. You will find that the compound crossbows are a little narrower then the recurve (but not by much). I have found that most compound crossbows to me are alittle front heavy compared to the recurve. The recurve is better ballanced for me which makes it friendlier to shoot. But the most important difference is the simplisity of the recurve. There are no wheels, extra cables or the need of a proshop & presses to have maintance or work done on it.

Strings can be replaced by almost anyone in 5 minutes. Most shooters will never have a problem in the field with the string, but it can happen. It did happen to me with a compound vertical before I could no longer shoot them. I had to sit out the rest of the day until I could get to a proshop for a replacement string. Since then, the ability of replacing the string in the field is very important to me. The Excalibur Recurve can also be disassembled for travel & storage (put into a regular gun case) and reassembled very quickly and easily with no change to the point of impact.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose to use.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

The recurve makes more noise than a compound when shot. but all the other benifits make me choose the recurve..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
WRC

Wheelchair Crossbow

Post by WRC »

Shawn
I have been crossbow hunting from a wheelchair for 15 years.Have shot them all and will now shoot nothing but my exomag for all the reasons that have already been stated. I use a crankeroo to cock my crossbow. I have taken game every year for that last 15 years and find the wheelchair is NOT a problem to hunt from. In fact there maybe some very distinct advantages if you will look for them. If i can be of any other help to you . PM me
Roy