New toy arrived

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

New toy arrived

Post by ecoaster »

Just got my PSE Nova today. Came with 6 arrows, rest, sight, stabilizer and quiver. I picked up a new Copper John Dead Nuts sight, Cobra release, and some more arrows for it. Should be fun to shoot and hopefully not to frustrating to tune and keep tuned :D .

Does anyone recognise this sight? There were no markings on it. It looks really complicated and cheaply made.

Also what's this little gizmo???

I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Re: New toy arrived

Post by TYE »

ecoaster wrote: Also what's this little gizmo???

It's an ancor point gizmo. It helps you get used to ancoring at full draw the same every time.
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Hi Ecoaster,
I cannot help with the sight, but the gizmo is a Kisser. Helps with repeating the correct full draw position. It locates in corner of the mouth. Just settle into a comfortable full draw position and move it up or down untill it locates in the corner of the mouth. They do help, especailly when drawing in odd places-like a tree stand.
Regards ChappyBoss.
P.S. the PSE Nova is one of the best value for money bows around.
wildwillie

Post by wildwillie »

sight has been around for years ,you should be able to get attchment for your finger thats fits on to sight so you can move your aim point when you are at full draw :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hope you have better luck with the sight than I did. Tried one, and the cleas plastic broke off where the steel rod attaches when I was shooting. One shot it was fine, and the next shot there was no sight!
Had a PSE Nova, and it was a decent bow for the $$$$$
wabi
JR

Post by JR »

Ecoaster, I had a sight like that 10 years ago. I can't remember the name. It's an adjustable sight that's missing the finger adjustment. You could adjust for yardage with the index finger on your bow hand. I've got the finger thingy in my archery box. I liked it for hunting. Worked rather well back then. The other thing on the string is a "kisser" button. Like TYE said, it's to help with your anchor point. You would set it up at full draw to touch the corner of your mouth to aid in the eye allignment of your pins. Another archery "gadget". Proper form would eliminate the need for that thing. Good luck with the bow.

-Jason
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

ChappyBoss wrote:but the gizmo is a Kisser.
Dang it! I knew I knew the name of it but couldn't think of it at the time... :P
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

The sight will go to a good home :D . It is no longer on the bow. I put on the Copper John sight. Like it alot!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!