Exocet Limb Question/Checking

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

exocet

Exocet Limb Question/Checking

Post by exocet »

Guys, I was checking over my Eocet and noticed that the limbs were a little different. If you are looking head on at it, the right limb is smooth, but the right one has checking and if you run your fingernail across it, it has divits. Not cracks or chunks, just light slash pocks or something. Any thoughts? Thanks-Jack.
timberwolf

Post by timberwolf »

Same thing on my max, one limb is smooth, the other you can slightly see small pockets on the front side of the limb.

Having worked with glass and composite layups before I would almost wonder if it was resin starved? No problems 100 or so shots, I am sure excalibur would make it right if it became a problem.
TYE

Re: Exocet Limb Question/Checking

Post by TYE »

exocet wrote:Guys, I was checking over my Eocet and noticed that the limbs were a little different. If you are looking head on at it, the right limb is smooth, but the right one has checking and if you run your fingernail across it, it has divits. Not cracks or chunks, just light slash pocks or something. Any thoughts? Thanks-Jack.
They all have little tiny holes and pockets in the limbs. Atleast I think it's normal, hehe. Both my bows have them.
exocet

Post by exocet »

Thanks guys!! I hope it is ok, just never noticed it before. These are more like slashes than pockets or bubbles. I will keep my eyes on it :D Jack.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mines the same.. some spots have little dimples
exocet

Post by exocet »

Thanks gents :D Jack.